• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bethdilint

Beach Lover
Dec 7, 2006
I noticed they have crossed out "Glass" on the recycling bins that before took glass in the same bin as the cans. Does anyone know why Walton County is no longer recycling glass? I would think with restaurant businesses here that would be their main recyclable. I can go almost anywhere in the world and glass is being recycled it doesn't make any sense. My daughter lives in Daphne AL and they recycle / sort brown glass, green glass, clear glass.​

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
They stopped awhile ago. Something about having to find a new contractor to handle glass. It was long ago enough that it should have been done by now. Anyone know if it was done?

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Glass recycling has existed since Lassie was a puppy for gosh sakes! I quit recycling anything since glass was 80% of what I recycled!

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
One problem is that a lot of people aren't interested in recycling. In the recycling bin I've used, people used to dump their garbage in. It needs to be a cooperative effort. And I don't think Walton county's elected officials have any interest in recycling.