• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
It appears that the school district needs to screen bus drivers more carefully. It's pretty bad when children are in the care and custody of a sexual predator.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
http://waltonso.org/public-informat...exually-battering-a-12yoa-child-on-school-bus

b2ap3_thumbnail_David-Gordon-Obrien.JPG

David Gordon O’Brien, 45, of 1226 Railroad Ave, DeFuniak Springs, a former bus driver with Walton County, was arrested by WCSO Investigators today at his current place of employment, Graceville Correctional Facility in Jackson County. The Walton County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Bureau opened an investigation on O’Brien after allegations of sexual misconduct were made by multiple children to the school authorities. The school contacted us immediately after the allegations were made.

A sexual battery was discovered during a subsequent investigation where O’Brien made inappropriate comments and was touching a victim in a sexual manner while on the school bus. O’Brien pulled off the side of a road and sexually assaulted the victim once all the other children had been dropped off.

O’Brien is charged with capital sexual battery by a person in a custodial authority on a victim 12 years of age or older, but less than 18. This is a first degree felony. The investigation is ongoing.

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
It wasn't that long ago that there was an incident at South Walton High with a teacher who had a felony conviction. The school district is putting our children in the care of people they hire. I think that extraordinary care should be used in the hiring process but I guess this is just another incident that will be swept under the rug. To me this is a much more serious matter than the Hampton Inn "crisis".