• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Since the main concern for most posters seems to be beach access for the 90 room hotel, I was curious about thoughts on beach access for the proposed 400 plus townhomes at Prominence.

Exactly why we need to resist the Cypress Dunes effort to cut an access through a state park. That would set a precedent for this gang. I have no idea what Prominence sales are like, but I wonder why anyone would ever want to move into a neighborhood so close to the beach without direct beach access. My guess would be that these folks would invade the Lakewood area to hit the beach, maybe Bramble, a few of the small access points between Prominence and Inlet Beach and the big access in Inlet Beach.

I think the lack of access concern at the proposed HI site is that there IS a public access due south of the property, but it is devoid of parking. But people will try anyway. There isn't any public access anywhere near Prominence, so those folks will to some degree have to fan out to find the sand.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yes, great points being presented. Perhaps common sense can prevail.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression there is no planned beach access?? I wonder if the developer is advising people interested of purchasing of that fact?

I was told by a real estate agent they will be offering a shuttle service to the closest public beach access. This could be something hotels could offer.

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
Watched the meeting live and outside of Cindy Meadows I did not see any our elected officials - Great involvement by the community but to no avail - Planning approved it 3-2 and it will go to the BCC as the project fits the current land code in plannings opinion.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I was told by a real estate agent they will be offering a shuttle service to the closest public beach access. This could be something hotels could offer.

That was exactly the same pitch Cypress Dunes used back in the day. Now they want an access through the state park. Prominence will likely trod down that path eventually.

JKBeach

Beach Comber
Nov 4, 2012
Seagrove, FL
That is correct. Now the recommendation goes to the county commissioners for a vote.

We just went through Round 1. I heard a lot of good warm up speeches tonight.

Write all the commissioners, not just ours.