• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I live in Seagrove Beach and can vouch for the traffic congestion during Spring and summer. It is awful. But I do not think anyone or anything will stop the Hampton Inn from being built. Will it add that much more traffic? Well look at the Prominence Development, North and South of 30a, and Alys beach, and Water color and WaterSound, how much traffic do you think all those new homes will generate? It will be a whole lot more than the Hampton Inn will generate. You can't have it both ways. If this area continues to grow at the rate it is being developed, it won't really matter if hotels build on 30a, because it is going to be grid lock regardless. I wish the Hotel was being built in a less developed part of 30a. Not everyone can afford to visit our area, and stay Saturday to Saturday. This will give Tourists an opportunity to visit 30a, and pay less to do so. Wait, weren't we all tourists once? Thanks TDC.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Next Steps to Defeat the Proposed Hampton Inn
Once again, we are encouraged from the Planning Commission Hearing from this past week. Our voices and the arguments by our attorneys caused two Planning Commission members to vote against this project, despite the approval recommendation by their Planning staff.

Additionally, the Planning Board asked that the County Commissioners look hard at making changes to development laws to prevent such developments from occurring on 30a. Folks we have the momentum on our side going into this final stage!

We have met with our attorneys this week to prepare our strategy for the County Commission Hearing. In addition to presenting our legal arguments as to why this proposed development should be rejected, we will be bringing in expert witnesses to support our positions. We must let the Developer and the County Commissioners know this is unacceptable and we are prepared to defeat this proposal using our legal strength, expert testimonies, voter voices and financial support.

If you are passionate about this cause, we need you to get behind this financially now.

We must raise an additional $20,000 by Thursday January 22nd in order to make sure we have the funds needed to take this through the County Commission Hearing.
The amount we are asking each of us to give will take care of the legal fees and professional fees for expert testimony. If each of us gives $50-$100, we will reach the amount needed and the excess will go toward getting development codes changed for the future.

If you’ve already given before, then thank you and we need your help again. If you haven’t given yet, then please do so now.
Our mutual cause and passion is worth the sacrifice in order to keep 30a the unique beauty we all love. Click here to give online. If you would rather send a check by mail, please make your check payable to South Walton Community Council and send to the following address:
SWCC
PO Box 1661
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Please, let’s not stop this fight before giving ourselves the chance to declare victory!
PS – We will be sending you a list of email addresses and contacts later in the week so you can express your opposition in writing to County Commissioners. We will also keep you informed of our progress and the date, time and location of the County Commission Hearing.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Stay up to date (or catch up) on all the news on this issue, meeting dates/times, get email addresses for elected officials, donate to the legal fund, and sign up for emails here http://lovemy30a.com/

There is new news every day- you don't want to miss anything!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I live in Seagrove Beach and can vouch for the traffic congestion during Spring and summer. It is awful. But I do not think anyone or anything will stop the Hampton Inn from being built. Will it add that much more traffic? Well look at the Prominence Development, North and South of 30a, and Alys beach, and Water color and WaterSound, how much traffic do you think all those new homes will generate? It will be a whole lot more than the Hampton Inn will generate. You can't have it both ways. If this area continues to grow at the rate it is being developed, it won't really matter if hotels build on 30a, because it is going to be grid lock regardless. I wish the Hotel was being built in a less developed part of 30a. Not everyone can afford to visit our area, and stay Saturday to Saturday. This will give Tourists an opportunity to visit 30a, and pay less to do so. Wait, weren't we all tourists once? Thanks TDC.
built on a less developed part of 30a?? So just not in Your back yard!? Well it Want be on the West End because all our large undeveloped parcels are called State Lands/Parks. #LOL #westendnaturalbeauty
More Dune Lakes than new large developments.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The reason I mentioned the Hotel being built in a less congested area is for obvious reasons, but not what you are implying.

Why do you think a Hampton Inn on 30A would be a budget option? It absolutely would not. There are already condos and studios that would be are cheaper than many Hampton Inns on interstate exits.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Is the developer of the proposed Hampton Inn promising guests beach access? Isn't there a public beach access across the street from the Tom Thumb? And what is the argument going to be going forward? I don't think "We're better than trashy people who stay in chain hotels" is going to stand up as a legal argument.

Here is a link started by Dawn back when the plan was to open Chateau 30-A as a condo complex. She looks to have copied and pasted the project announcement news release. Look at the language regarding beach access. The intent then, as it will be when (if) Hampton opens is that the logical beach access is the "public Eastern Lake access". This is a slap in the face to the people living in that area!

Planned project amenities include a Cabana and Pool Club with zero entry swimming pool, an outdoor grilling area with fireplace, a fitness center, a Chateau Club Room and owners lockers. The property will feature limited commercial space with an onsite Beach Properties of Florida sales office. The beach is a short walk or bicycle ride to the public Eastern Lake Neighborhood beach access.

http://sowal.com/bb/showthread.php/...ew-condos-in-Seagrove-Beach?highlight=chateau

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'd take a slap in the face instead of a steady stream of tourons driving down my street trying to get to the beach and parking in front of my house. I think the pain will be inflicted in the other end, if you catch my drift.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012

Yes, thanks TDC for your contributions in first suffocating the area and now choking it to death. After the demise of 30-A the TDC and hippiechick can move on to the next pristine area and destroy it..... if there are any areas like 30-A left to kill off.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Projects like this are why we have infrastructure problems. That you think it is merely making a bad situation worse is not a compelling argument for allowing it IMO.