• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kebo

Beach Comber
May 8, 2007
A second hotel has been mentioned but I have heard no specifics. What's the scoop?

Remember the graffiti "NO BIG SIGNS" painted on big signs on 30A? Seems insignificant in hindsight as compared to a interstate highway exit type hotel going up in Seagrove. And how many hip-hop songs mention a Hampton Inn after the after-party? Oh, but that's okay in the "letter of the law."

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Remember the graffiti "NO BIG SIGNS" painted on big signs on 30A? Seems insignificant in hindsight as compared to a interstate highway exit type hotel going up in Seagrove. And how many hip-hop songs mention a Hampton Inn after the after-party? Oh, but that's okay in the "letter of the law."

Isn't the fact there are no hip-hop songs a positive?

VoiceOfReason

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
I still am scratching my head how the planning commission stopped the Dollar General from going up but are ok with the Hampton Inn. Dies anyone know what the difference is/was? I'm personally against both projects but the only difference I see is that the guy behind the Hampton Inn seems to be well connected in NWF. They already approved the Chateau so I can get over the traffic and congestion problem(and I live in Seagrove) but calling it a Hampton Inn is bull ****. I don't see why this ahole can't just call it the Chateau hotel and operate it with a Hampton Inn business model. To be fair we have hotels already up and going in on 30A but all of those are not chain motels. It just doesn't fit. If this gets passed through all my fellow voters need to hold their representatives feet to the fire and do a complete overhaul with the current regime even if it's another split vote before we have strip clubs, tattoo parlors, Fast food drive throughs, and pawn shops going up too

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
A lot of the posts seem to be 'preaching to the choir'. The vast majority of the people on this forum are against the Hampton Inn. The fact is that one of the principles in this project is a pretty big presence in Walton County. Environmentalist, landowner, businessman. Over the years, he, along with developer Jay Odom has been the biggest single contributor to Walton County's elected officials and has done lots of business with the county and the school district. From what I know about Mr. Davis, he likes to bet on a sure thing. He's thorough and I'm sure he's done his homework. While I'm opposed to the continuing development along 30a, I don't think it does much good to fight windmills. Grassroots causes are fine but when the conversation turns to silly subjects like hip hop there doesn't seem to be much more to be said.

A lot of the posts seem to be 'preaching to the choir'. The vast majority of the people on this forum are against the Hampton Inn. The fact is that one of the principles in this project is a pretty big presence in Walton County. Environmentalist, landowner, businessman. Over the years, he, along with developer Jay Odom has been the biggest single contributor to Walton County's elected officials and has done lots of business with the county and the school district. From what I know about Mr. Davis, he likes to bet on a sure thing. He's thorough and I'm sure he's done his homework. While I'm opposed to the continuing development along 30a, I don't think it does much good to fight windmills. Grassroots causes are fine but when the conversation turns to silly subjects like hip hop there doesn't seem to be much more to be said.
it was intended to be silly but true. There are more fundamental reasons why this project should be rejected. But I'm not playing my cards yet.