• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

VoiceOfReason

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
Donkey was referring to a pumpjack commonly used to pump oil. They may be different but they both would negatively affect the area. I feel that overall property values trump one persons property rights. Which is why I made the oil/fracking comparison. 30A has done extremely well because of the new urbanism developments and the ordinances that have for a most part kept out all the crap that you see in PCB and Destin/Ft Walton. 50 ft height limit on building, establiments closing at 2am vs 4 am, bike rentals vs scooter rentals, cracking down on underage drinking, family friendly establishments vs night clubs, pawn shops, tattoo/piercing, ect, low rise condos and single family communities vs chain hotel/motels, and apartment complex, the list goes on and on. My point is allowing a Hampton Inn to come in is going against everything that made 30A flourish into what it is now.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
And your point is?

We don't care for smug, little people who think their opinion is superior to any one else's.

That is how you come across to me. Just my opinion. Get use to it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
My rant was directed to Luca. Just to be clear.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
To clarify, Luca has been pretty condescending about the posters who are trying to defend their hometown against the onslaught of mindless development. He keeps trying to make it an issue about "snobs", and it's an issue about quality of life in my backyard.

Last edited:

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
Would someone be able to explain to me the difference in the land development code vs. the Walton County Comp plan and how the attorney for the developer was able to have the land development code changed so that the limited lodging maximum went from 75-125 rooms? I'm not well versed in planning and zoning and would like some clarification. It seems to me that the intent of the LDC was to keep 30a limited lodging to a max of 75 rooms, but that this was somehow trumped by the Comp plan. If this is the case, what use is the LDC and who's to say that anything in it will not be changed in the future by attorneys with clients who have a financial benefit? Thanks for any explanation.