• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Talking to someone on Eastern Lake who said she got a letter from the DEP regarding possible 5 commercial boat docks on Eastern Lake. Supposed to be where the old YOLO Board business used to be next to Old Florida Fish House. Possible connection to Hampton Inn project to run a water taxi business to address beach access and parking issues?
Anyone out there know anything about this? I thought YOLO had to close due to restrictions on dune lakes.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
Any updates about this? We have looked at property over this way and the idea of 50-200 people being water taxied daily back and forth on the lake for beach access... Wowza. Gives me pause and empathy for all the homeowners currently there, not to mention frustration re: the potential environmental impact.
Does anyone know if this discussion is part of the community meetings re: the Hampton development? Seems like a pretty significant ripple effect if they get the green light.

Last edited by a moderator:

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
There is also a separate thread on this subject which has letters from the engineering firm/layer on exactly what is proposed (Rental facility for Kayaks, boards etc.) however I do not think a boat slip rental facility is proposed nor would it pass FDEP regulations. In addition I would think any water taxi type of service related to any hotel would not pass the guidelines needed for both FDEP and marine transportation regulations