• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nez02

Beach Crab
Feb 12, 2015
Hello,
My fiancé and I have fallen in love with the Rosemary beach area and had planned to get married there in June. What we didn’t learn until today was that most of Rosemary Beach was private. I see that the fee to use the beach is pretty significant by our standards (which I’m sure is pennies to others). Are they any options that are as beautiful? Or any other places you would suggest. The ceremony will be short (15-25 min) and we will just need space to place some chairs for our guests around 75.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Keith

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If you get married at a public beach access you will need a permit, as for chairs that would be addressed through a rental company. You can contact Walton County Building Department for info and cost associated with permit, if any. If you rent a condo/ house on beach and have wedding behind it no permit required unless HOA requires one. Hope this helps.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The suggestion to find a condo with private beach access is a good one. Most would not object to a wedding on their beach.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Getting Hitched at the each is BIG business in SoWal, and along the Emerald Coast of Florida!!!
Be sure to reference SoWal.com's Wedding Guide where you will find many wedding venues, planners, caterers, photographers, and everything available locally.

SoWal Wedding Guide

Some of our favorite venues are off the beach such as Hibiscus Guesthouse in Grayton Beach, Grayt Grounds, Eden Gardens, Seaside Chapel, and much more. Lots of folks get hitched on Grayton Beach - see our latest story in the wedding guide.

Good luck and keep us posted. We would love to know what you decide out of so many options.