• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
It would be nice if golf carts exercised some common courtesy and pulled over to let the traffic go by them when they have backed up traffic 10 cars behind them. Same thing with the tour de France bikers who refuse to use the BIKE path.

110 percent correct is right. Have some friggin courtesy. I have never actually driven a golf cart or LSV down 30A, but I can't believe people don't feel bad when or if they have cars stacked up beside them, and pull over to let the onslaught through. Same thing with the tour de francers on 30A, instead of the damn bike path. that irks me EVERY TIME I am in the area. I'd say that as far as annoyances go, that annoyance occurs 10X as often as the LSV driver without courtesy.

luca brazzi

Banned
Jan 6, 2013
The 'mainstream' doesn't complain about the Lance Armstrong types who ride $4000 bicycles because they're the "beautiful people", not "little people" like I've been called.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
The 'mainstream' doesn't complain about the Lance Armstrong types who ride $4000 bicycles because they're the "beautiful people", not "little people" like I've been called.

I understand midgets and dwarfs don't like that either. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
seagull, I wouldn't consider obeying the law to be a 'whine'. I'm all for enforcing laws you speak of. This is just as useful as saying that you support the laws that make domestic violence a criminal offense.

I don't understand your response. The bike path has numerous signs stating "No Motorized Vehicles". On numerous occasions I have witnessed LSV's driving on the bike path. Yes, LSV's and usually with underage drivers and passengers. I guess their Daddy's told them to stay off the highway after dark where they are even more likely to cause an accident. Did you start your Super Bowl party early today. If you did don't drive your LSV on the bike path going home.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I don't understand your response. The bike path has numerous signs stating "No Motorized Vehicles". On numerous occasions I have witnessed LSV's driving on the bike path. Yes, LSV's and usually with underage drivers and passengers. I guess their Daddy's told them to stay off the highway after dark where they are even more likely to cause an accident. Did you start your Super Bowl party early today. If you did don't drive your LSV on the bike path going home.

Sorry you don't follow my logic Seagull. a diagram may be helpful here. just trying to point out that I wholeheartedly agree WITH YOU that LSV's shouldn't be on the bike path, and that that is not a "whine" so don't apologize; the same way it wouldn't be a 'whine' to say that we hate it when people beat up their wives.

Does anyone here think that 30A is unique enough to have some special rules/zoning? I know there are a few of you who have for years eported on the people having a good time on golf carts and hated it, b/c they have slowed down your usage of highway 30A and also thrown in that (despite insurance companies actuaries disagreeing) this is going to end badly. I know I know what you say..." its' a commercial highway, like it was for my grandpappy 40 yrs ago" and by gosh, I don't care for this new fangled attention on 30A... if it ain't an official PUD, it aint special, its just a bunch of non incorporated areas and I must drive 50 miles per hour if permitted, so screw the people that want to have fun here and drive in a damn golf cart, I need to get my load of towels to that Hampton Inn over in Seagrove, and I don't give a damn that you people think that this whole 30A thing is a special kind of place where people can slow me down in high season a bit!"

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Sorry you don't follow my logic Seagull. a diagram may be helpful here. just trying to point out that I wholeheartedly agree WITH YOU that LSV's shouldn't be on the bike path, and that that is not a "whine" so don't apologize; the same way it wouldn't be a 'whine' to say that we hate it when people beat up their wives.

Does anyone here think that 30A is unique enough to have some special rules/zoning? I know there are a few of you who have for years eported on the people having a good time on golf carts and hated it, b/c they have slowed down your usage of highway 30A and also thrown in that (despite insurance companies actuaries disagreeing) this is going to end badly. I know I know what you say..." its' a commercial highway, like it was for my grandpappy 40 yrs ago" and by gosh, I don't care for this new fangled attention on 30A... if it ain't an official PUD, it aint special, its just a bunch of non incorporated areas and I must drive 50 miles per hour if permitted, so screw the people that want to have fun here and drive in a damn golf cart, I need to get my load of towels to that Hampton Inn over in Seagrove, and I don't give a damn that you people think that this whole 30A thing is a special kind of place where people can slow me down in high season a bit!"

Oh, OK!

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Thanks for the passive insulting missive. You are now free to groupthink with your buddies about how to make highway 30A a regular commercial highway in need of speed and suitable for a Fairfield Inn.

If am not mistaken I think most people moved here after vacationing here at some point. So you knew what you were getting into. You have some true locals who have seen 30a grow into what it is today and maybe they have some right to reminisce about what it used to be and to *****. Bottom line if you don't like it leave. If golf carts, Canucks, loud music, bright lights, tourists etc.. bother you move to Point Washington, lots of people live there and enjoy 30a without putting up with the zany shenanigans of tourists, golf carts, zombie bikers, privileged clone kids, and luxury SUVs. Dude, we live in Paradise, Lower Alabama shut up already and get over yourself.

kitabear

Beach Comber
Sep 3, 2008
I personally feel that ALL golf cart's and Lsv's should be banned completely from roadways. That includes them not being allowed on the bike path's either. No matter what they are a safety hazard for everyone involved. I also feel like 30a's shoulder should be larger so that people on those specific bicycle's (I don't remember what they are) actually have enough space on the road so that a vehicle can get pass them. The fact of the matter is, 30A is a very dangerous road to be on.