• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
My hubby and I stay in PC Beach and are here now until Wednesday. We have no interest in cheap strong drinks or dartboards. We are here to enjoy the beach and do other activities.

You are among the enlightened. You realize there is a world beyond 30A, congratulations.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I live over in PC now and there is a lot of great food choices over here. My first thought when I heard Dave was going to open here was I wish him well, but with Captain Andersons next door its going to be pretty rough to beat that.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The beach shabby high end is a bit hard for many to embrace. I can understand why it didn't work outside Seaside.

I live over in PC now and there is a lot of great food choices over here. My first thought when I heard Dave was going to open here was I wish him well, but with Captain Andersons next door its going to be pretty rough to beat that.
Me too. My family went there since I was a kid. We would go there several times during our two-week stay. Daddy always took me out to look at the boats and see the fish brought in at the docks. Daddy and Mama loved to fish. We always went out on private charters from there go fishing. We also went crabbing at St. Andrews. Daddy taught me how.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
The beach shabby high end is a bit hard for many to embrace. I can understand why it didn't work outside Seaside.

yes, the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and Hyannis
are all suffering for lack of a Joes Crab Shack or a Long John Silvers garbage can buffet

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
Yes, so sad not everyone can afford $50+ for a meal.

Ugh, this is why I avoid Seaside and Rosemary.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
too many people would rather pay two dollars to eat frozen vietnamese seafood out of a trash can
than what it costs for somebody to run a restaurant and pay for the best ingredients, sad but typical

Yes, so sad they can't pay $50 plus for a meal.

amw1016

Beach Comber
Nov 14, 2014
I lived in PCB not far from Bud & Alley's when it was open and ate there 3-4 times. I've also eaten at the other location on 30A a few times and the difference in the taste of food was night and day between the two. I'm not sure if the kitchen just didn't have their system worked out yet, but based on the food and the prices, I understand why it closed and it's a shame. I would have only put B&A's a half step above Firefly or Saltwater Grill and I thought all of them were overpriced. Also, for those that believe anyone in PC/PCB only have redneck taste...it's not true. I'm not from here originally and have been fortunate to sample amazing food from all over the world, as well work in and manage some amazing restaurants. So stop being snooty and take your noses out of the air and realize that sometimes a second or third restaurant just doesn't do as well as the originals and sometimes it's just a combination of multiple things...Stop being so hateful (everyone puts their pants on the same way)

Last edited: