• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
That's the first time I ever read the thread from the beginning. Now I want a blue tick hound.

Ok, I see. People don't delete, posts stay on forever, and you just have to look at dates ... And even if it's a close date, then you still have to read through the entire post and all comments to see if the original poster has updated that it's no longer available, if they even did that? So, no easy way to quickly know what's available or not, just search and search and read and read :D

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
If the original poster would simple say sold or rented, you need only go to last post, and problem solved.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If the original poster would simple say sold or rented, you need only go to last post, and problem solved.
That only works if the last person posting is the one saying "rented", "sold" or "deceased" ...
pretty sure the blue tick was re-homed in about 2 days but that didnt stop someone from posting 5 years later.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
People can be so unkind...all you can count on is the blue tick hound.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
I just don't get people who don't know the simplest things about computers but use them all day. It's like getting in a car and not knowing you have to turn the key to crank it.

Ctrl F

Cmd F (Mac)

:roll:

Is any of this banter directed at me ... Like not using computer correctly etc and the others? Just trying to learn my way around the board. Of course I scroll to the end, but a lot of times, there is not "rented" etc. I still stand on my original idea - create a delete button, easy to find and use, and persuade the masses to press it once the sale or search is done. Oh what a wonderful world that would be. :clap::cool: :thanks:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
You CAN edit and delete posts, but not for an indefinite time period. I don't think it would be a good idea to allow deletions forever. It would mess up the whole flow of the board. A lot of the posts are debates about important local issues. It would mess up the whole flow of discussion if posts just disappeared. I don't know if there is any way that a different deletion policy could be applied to FOR SALE threads. I kinda doubt it. If you really want to know if something is still up for sale, send a private message to the person who made the offer and ask.