• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Continued until April 1st due to time constraints. Which is pure BS. Where we moved here from, the city commission once met until 3 AM to finalize a significant issue.

If you are elected to lead, have the freaking guts to lead. Or quit.

Last edited:

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Continued until April 1st due to time constraints. Which is pure BS. Where we moved here from, the city commission once met until 3 AM to finalize a significant issue.

A lot of people came from out of town or took time off work for the meeting, and are justifiably upset that they have to do so again.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
At first glance it sounds like a weak turnout. 10,000+ signatures on a petition and only 300 present for the meeting. I admit I may be interpreting this wrong, but with only 3% of the signatories showing up it makes me question how strong the opposition really is.

Last edited:

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
So many people were expected that they had to find a bigger venue than normal and it was filled. A great turnout when you consider the meeting was held during the workday on a rainy Thursday in Miramar and most of the concerned population had to leave work hours early or travel from far away. My row was a combination of locals and second home owners from Georgia and Texas.

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014

Exactly Right.

This is B.S.

Looking like typical BCC. And people wonder why some are thinking about Incorporation...

A lot of people came from out of town or took time off work for the meeting, and are justifiably upset that they have to do so again.
That's right.
At first glance it sounds like a weak turnout. 10,000+ signatures on a petition and only 300 present for the meeting. I admit I may be interpreting this wrong, but with only 3% of the signatories showing up it makes me question how strong the opposition really is.
Many people who signed the petition live hours away, and driving to the meeting on a Thursday would mean missing two days of work.