• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
That's right. Many people who signed the petition live hours away, and driving to the meeting on a Thursday would mean missing two days of work.

I wasn't really referring to the absentee owners. I just thought there would have been more local participation in support of the opposition.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
John G, it is NOT a matter of opinion! Do you, and others, demand a note from her doctor? She has a serious health issue and that is a FACT! The vote should be taken with the full BCC present.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
John G, it is NOT a matter of opinion! Do you, and others, demand a note from her doctor? She has a serious health issue and that is a FACT! The vote should be taken with the full BCC present.

Will the attorneys be presenting their arguments again for her benefit, since she was not there to hear them?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Will the attorneys be presenting their arguments again for her benefit, since she was not there to hear them?

I don't know. If I were to guess, I'd say she would recuse herself since she had not been able to hear the original presentation. The four other Commissoners still constitute a quorum.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Attorneys reschedule and reschedule until you forget or do not care about the original issue. It's what they do.

It was not the attorney(s) who decided to stop at 7 and reschedule. It was decided by a vote of the commissioners. Vote was 2-2; with a tie vote, the move to continue past 7 was denied.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I don't know. If I were to guess, I'd say she would recuse herself since she had not been able to hear the original presentation. The four other Commissoners still constitute a quorum.

I'm not picking on you, Andy. I'm just trying to understand. You said "the vote should be taken with the full BCC present." But you suggest she might recuse herself. ?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
I just heard that the meeting has been rescheduled to Monday, April 20 at the Emerald Coast Middle School