• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
The residents on the south side of 30A in Beach Highlands have convinced Cindy Meadows to approve approximately 6 billboard signs that were placed throughout "their" neighborhood deterring parking at two of the beach accesses.

Arvcon the company who was hired by the county to preform beach access parking evaluations along 30A stated no parking changes at this time for the 6 parking spots located at the two accesses in Beach Highlands. The results provoked the residents to request the sign placement with the approval from the county.

The neighborhood has been working with Miss Meadows and the committee for over a year to keep "their" public beaches private.

Attachments

• image-35174020.jpg
    image-35174020.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 227

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I have a question. Is the pavement and shoulders private or public roadway?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Des it matter? I've lived in a number of places that restricted parking along certain public roads in the name of safety or better traffic management. Don't see a big deal here if the county wants to restrict parking on the shoulder for other reasons.

Just because land is owned by the government doesn't mean that anyone can use it for whatever they please and however they please.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
I would like shoulders clear and available for parking. Gated communities are good places to live if you don't want the public near you.

Most of all though I hate the multiplying of signs everywhere in a beutiful place.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I think it's more a matter of not wanting people parking on your property.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I have driven some big red trucks back there and it is a nightmare. Just my thoughts.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I've been through there on a slow day, and you see cars parked on peoples yards and blocking driveways. I think the residents have a pretty good case.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Guess we need to find a different place to park and access the beach.

How about the big piece of county owned land behind the gate? According to the property appraiser website, the county owns over 2.5 acres of land at the end of Stallworth that could (and should) be used for parking and a beach access IMO.

Stallworth acreage.jpg

Last edited: