• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emery

Beach Crab
Mar 18, 2015
Hibiscus Cafe will be closed to the public starting this Saturday, March 21st. We are sorry to say, our efforts to have a "All Organic" cafe have not worked out as we hoped. Why? We have not been able to find help for our Chef, Bartley Smith, who has worked 37 days straight without a break.

Until we are better staffed, we will only be serving breakfast to our overnight guests, then, when we do reopen, we will be returning to our Original Menu.

Thanks you Bartley for your Heroic Effort!

If you are interested in Home Chef services and nutritious is as important as delicious to you, contact bartley@30alocalfare.com.

Thank You,
Hibiscus Staff

Al's Smokehouse

Beach Comber
Jan 5, 2015
This is Allen over at AL'S Smokehouse. If y'all would like to try a different menu, say all smoked chicken, pork, beef or maybe fish and also smoked vegetables, give me a call. Maybe we could help each other. My location is not great, a little off the beaten path. On Sunday the 22nd, at the new office of Blue Green Landscape Development, they are having a grand opening from 11 am til 3 pm. I'll be there with some samples of pulled pork, homemade sauces, baked beans and slaw. If you would like to try it come on down. Or if I need to bring some samples to you, I will do that also. Thank you. 8505853344. We also make great chili.

Last edited:
Hibiscus Cafe will be closed to the public starting this Saturday, March 21st. We are sorry to say, our efforts to have a "All Organic" cafe have not worked out as we hoped. Why? We have not been able to find help for our Chef, Bartley Smith, who has worked 37 days straight without a break.

Until we are better staffed, we will only be serving breakfast to our overnight guests, then, when we do reopen, we will be returning to our Original Menu.

Thanks you Bartley for your Heroic Effort!

If you are interested in Home Chef services and nutritious is as important as delicious to you, contact bartley@30alocalfare.com.

Thank You,
Hibiscus Staff
:sosad:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This is Allen over at AL'S Smokehouse. If y'all would like to try a different menu, say all smoked chicken, pork, beef or maybe fish and also smoked vegetables, give me a call. Maybe we could help each other. My location is not great, a little off the beaten path. On Sunday the 22nd, at the new office of Blue Green Landscape Development, they are having a grand opening from 11 am til 3 pm. I'll be there with some samples of pulled pork, homemade sauces, baked beans and slaw. If you would like to try it come on down. Or if I need to bring some samples to you, I will do that also. Thank you. 8505853344. We also make great chili.
We didn't know you were doing BBQ for BlueGreen? We will add to our story.