• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
I just noticed this evening that the Cocoon's sign is gone (unless I missed it) and there is now a Grand Opening sign for a Brozinni's Pizza. I know it had to happen some time, but it just brought a feeling of sadness at the end of an era. I miss Mike and his wife, and their delicious homemade tuna dips, deli salads and sandwiches. I used to love walking over for a cup of coffee in the morning......we always told him his coffee was the best on the beach! I know Mike moved out some time ago and his sweet wife has since passed on, but now that the sign is gone it just feels so final:sosad:. With that said, it was nice that the new owner kept Cocoon's going for a while along with his bike shop, and I wish him luck with his pizza restaurant. He has tough competition with Bruno's and Angelina's right down the street!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Clearly I missed the fact that Bruno's is no longer where it used to be! I'm not a pizza lover, but my adult children and grandkids sure look forward to it when they come down! Hopefully they just moved?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Clearly I missed the fact that Bruno's is no longer where it used to be! I'm not a pizza lover, but my adult children and grandkids sure look forward to it when they come down! Hopefully they just moved?

I'll just answer my own question lol. Good thing they kept their old phone number! They moved to Watersound.

ellen

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2005
The new pizza place is awesome, and they deliver. No soggy crust when it arrives at the door. The owners are great, too. Highly recommended!

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
And Crust opening soon at Cassine will probably have the best pizza east of the pizza bar.

Delivering bikes is a full time job in season. So is running a deli, or making pizza.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
And Crust opening soon at Cassine will probably have the best pizza east of the pizza bar.

Delivering bikes is a full time job in season. So is running a deli, or making pizza.

I was told there was a Code Enforcement issue with running the two separate businesses and that's why Cocoons is gone. How is there now a Pizza place?

Someone (across the road) is said to have complained...