• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Let's see. Sara Comander ran unopposed in the last election. The one prior to that she was elected by an overwhelming margin. As far as I am aware, she is the only Commissioner to hold Walton County Vision forums, where outside guest speakers spoke to the very few interested Walton County residents who learned what should happen down the road in regards to development, economics, infrastructure and other facets necessary for successful government. Most Walton County residents sat on their hands, sued the county or complained and moaned rather than educate themselves. Over 400 requests for public records requests have been received in the last two months or thereabouts. There is no one more for open government than I am, but this appears to be pure harrassment on the part of some and to the detriment of others. Frivilous requests for public records cost county employees time that could be used more productively elsewhere and us, the taxpayers, money. There are a few here who want to run the county without the expense and stress of running for the necessary office. That is not how the system works. Sara Comander will be back stronger than ever! Until then, realize she has to shop, eat, and do the every day things we all do with as little effort as possible. She is not bedridden but some of the above seem to think that is the only way she is excused from participation at her job, which by most Walton County resident's standards, she accomplishes extremely well. But then, what would you expect from those who ignore ordinances and do expactly what they please at the expense of their neighbors and other citizens of Walton County.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Come to her deposition and learn the true facts. Good bad or otherwise. It is now set for the end of April. Andy, Alan and the other owners at driftwood have been trying for years to just get the county to fix their flooding problem caused the county not taking responsibility. Wait and see what this will cost the county end the end. All Sarah had to do was do as Alan kept requesting and just stop issuing permits until the water problem was solved. Andy I wish you had all the facts but you do not. I also do not blame you for defending someone you believe in.

End the end the county will spend a fortune and the citizens will all be out a great sum of money and no on will win. The county has major other problems that will come to light and what we all need to do is stop, get the facts and make changes.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I may not know all the "facts" but I do know that this started with Sandestin DRI a long time ago. To blame the BCC instead of the developer of Driftwood Estates is ludicrous, IMO. But then, I am not involved or live id Driftwood Estates. I just know that development orders, once issued, are meant to be followed.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I may not know all the "facts" but I do know that this started with Sandestin DRI a long time ago. To blame the BCC instead of the developer of Driftwood Estates is ludicrous, IMO. But then, I am not involved or live id Driftwood Estates. I just know that development orders, once issued, are meant to be followed.

I agree the county should have followed the rules and the DRI but that has not happened. There are many Development orders way out of compliance and some even altered is my guess. The county could have fixed this problem, allowed the houses to be built and saved everyone a lot of heart ach and anger not to mention money. If your home flooded for years and you begged for help from our county and were ignored you would be furious.

When Mrs. Harris filed suit the county could have just let her keep her volleyball net as that is what the whole thing was over. Instead they chose to fight her. She later discovered they had broken the Sunshine Law, deleted records, e mails and sent computers to the dump with no back up as the law requires. What was the outcome, a law suit that cost the county a lot of your tax dollars. Was it worth it???. All they ever had to do was allow her to keep her volleyball net.

Now years of fighting over drainage in Driftwood and Mrs Commander voting time and time again to keep allowing building permits to be issued and accepting no responsibility to help the owners only to allow the developers to continue to build and make the flooding matters worse.

There was a mediation and the county agreed to that mediation settlement but again backed out and did nothing. Tell me if this were your home and investment would you be happy? Just put your self in the driftwood owners place.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Shawn Heath
to roogenara@co.walton.fl.us, Mark, Sidney
3 hours agoDetails

This is a Public Records Request (“PRR”) to Walton County.
Please produce Document(s) within your custody, possession or control for Walton County which demonstrates the following since January 1, 2005:

The identification of the Walton County Board of County Commissioners examination “as to the sufficiency of bonds of the county officers” at its “regular meetings in January and June of each year” pursuant to the requirements of Section 137.05, Florida Statues (copy attached.)

We prefer to receive these as email attachments or in electronic form if more or equally feasible to other methods of production.

If the cost to respond to this request is estimated to exceed $25 please provide an estimate of such cost before proceeding. Please let me know if a response to this request is possible by April 6, 2015 and if not, an estimated date of completion.

Respectfully

Shawn Heath

If the cost to respond to this request is estimated to exceed $25 please provide an estimate of such cost before proceeding. Please let me know if a response to this request is possible by April 6, 2015 and if not, an estimated date of completion.

Respectfully

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Shawn Heath to roogenara@co.walton.fl.us, Mark, Sidney 3 hours agoDetails This is a Public Records Request (“PRR”) to Walton County. Please produce Document(s) within your custody, possession or control for Walton County which demonstrates the following since January 1, 2005: The identification of the Walton County Board of County Commissioners examination “as to the sufficiency of bonds of the county officers” at its “regular meetings in January and June of each year” pursuant to the requirements of Section 137.05, Florida Statues (copy attached.) We prefer to receive these as email attachments or in electronic form if more or equally feasible to other methods of production. If the cost to respond to this request is estimated to exceed $25 please provide an estimate of such cost before proceeding. Please let me know if a response to this request is possible by April 6, 2015 and if not, an estimated date of completion. Respectfully Shawn Heath

Last edited:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Shawn Heath to roogenara@co.walton.fl.us, Mark, Sidney 3 hours agoDetails This is a Public Records Request (“PRR”) to Walton County. Please produce Document(s) within your custody, possession or control for Walton County which demonstrates the following since January 1, 2005: The identification of the Walton County Board of County Commissioners examination “as to the sufficiency of bonds of the county officers” at its “regular meetings in January and June of each year” pursuant to the requirements of Section 137.05, Florida Statues (copy attached.) We prefer to receive these as email attachments or in electronic form if more or equally feasible to other methods of production. If the cost to respond to this request is estimated to exceed $25 please provide an estimate of such cost before proceeding. Please let me know if a response to this request is possible by April 6, 2015 and if not, an estimated date of com If the cost to respond to this request is estimated to exceed $25 please provide an estimate of such cost before proceeding. Please let me know if a response to this request is possible by April 6, 2015 and if not, an estimated date of completion.

Respectfully

Shawn Heath

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
This is a Public Records Request (“PRR”) to Walton County.

Please produce Document(s) within your custody, possession or control for Walton County which demonstrates the following:

1. All dates and reasons for Commissioner Emfield’s recusals as a Walton County Commissioner from consideration or action concerning issues related to Sandestin or Driftwood Estates, including, but not limited to, the State of Florida Ethics Commissioner form documents that were signed by Commissioner Emfield related to his recusals.

We prefer to receive these as email attachments or in electronic form if more or equally feasible to other methods of production.

Respectfully

Shawn Heath