• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Pieces are landing on Seaside.

Jim Boothe

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2014
Read today that PCB has just banned booze on the beach til April 18th, and the sales of it now stop at 2 am instead of 4 am.

ddreneet

Beach Comber
Mar 15, 2015
Visitors like this is what ruins is for people like myself who is wanting to find out the best places to stay, etc and when I ask, I get sarcasm and the feeling of not wanted in the area. We had been really looking forward to a first visit at a gulf coast beach and chose this area because of the beautiful beaches and water and because I figured it must be relaxed, laid back beach towns since celebrities have homes there and feel comfortable enough to not be bothered. I hate that disrespecting vacationers ruin it for those of us who would truly like to enjoy and just blend in with the locals.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Read today that PCB has just banned booze on the beach til April 18th, and the sales of it now stop at 2 am instead of 4 am.
Banned on beach and parking lots (people kicked off beach were taking the party to the WalMart parking lot). Also, advanced another $200,000 for Sheriffs Dept. to pay for more OT and for additional deputies from surrounding communities. I like banning booze on the beach during Spring Break as it is the source of most of the problems. Hopefully Walton County can (will?) learn from Bay.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
ddreneet, keep in mind that most times of the year and most places on 30A are as wonderful as you imagine. We've had a place in SoWal since 2003 and have been thankful every day since for the peace and quiet, the beautiful beaches, the amazing sunsets, the friendly and generous people, the wonderful restaurants, the great weather, and more. I haven't yet run into problems on 30A or the beaches, but we stay away from the busiest areas - and, busy areas are few on 30A and even those are great most of the time. The Panama City beach spring breakers have never affected our spring vacations on 30A, so I wouldn't worry at all. I recommend that you come to the beach and enjoy the vacation you've been dreaming of. The only advice I'd have is to find a place where you can avoid traffic if you visit during a peak period because some areas have more traffic than others during peak times. We don't worry much about traffic when we're in the area because our days consist of porch, pool, beach, porch, pool, beach, porch, pool, beach...

Last edited:

ddreneet

Beach Comber
Mar 15, 2015
Paula, thank you for your kind response. I appreciate it. I made a mistake on another thread by asking about the best places to stay, activities for the kids, etc. However, I also asked where Luke Bryan's house was located and got what I felt to be a sarcastic comment. I didn't ask so I could be obnoxious and bother him or his family but just thought it would be cool for the kids to see from a distance. I even included my email so if someone told me; it could be in a private message so it would not be public for everyone to see. I respect the fact the celebrities are able to come there to just enjoy the time as normal people away from their busy lives. And besides, what are the chances someone would be there when we were anyway? Slim to none, probably. I'm looking at coming the end of June so hopefully that will be a nice time to come. The older I get, the less I like being around drunk, inconsiderate people. Again, Thank you for kind response.

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Several times this trip I noticed beer cans and red "solo" cups in the surf. When I picked it up several had crustaceans growing on them, so I assume it had a little time in the water. Several cans were torn in half (I stepped on one). Is it possible that PCB beach party trash is making its way via the gulf to our beaches on 30a?

Unfortunately, i also found beer cans left on the beach in Seagrove, too. Those clearly originated where they were found.