• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
Ok, help me out here and settle a bet.

What was the name of the restaurant that was on the Adagio site before it was Adagio?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I remember it and remember when it burned. Long long ago. Pretty sure it was called Blue Mountain Resort or something close. All of the homes in the brickyard were tied to it as rental units.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
Thanx, Will B.

There may have been a development called that but the restaurant had a one word name. I think it started with an "A".

Owned by a Dentist and run by his son, not very well as I remember.

Driving us crazy trying to dredge up this name...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think you are confusing different places and different eras. Will B. is thinking about the site of Adagio Condominiums which was the site of a restaurant maybe 50 years ago. TJMay, I think, is referring to the Adagio Restaurant, in Downtown Grayton, which use to be Gravel Road, at one time, and was another restaurant, by another name, before that, I think.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
Will B is not confused. There was a restaurant on the Adagio site in the early '90s that was owned by a Dr. and managed by his son. The Dr. also owned the old red brick two story house on 30A. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I don't remember the name of the restaurant but the Dr's name was Davis or Davies, if I remember correctly. He also owned the land that now contains Bella Vita. The restaurant was not well advertised or well known.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It definitely could be me who is confused... wasn't/ isn't there a restaurant named Adagio (or something like that) in Uptown Grayton? And I'm pretty sure there was a restaurant at, or near, the site of what is now Adagio Condominiums, perhaps only a decade or so ago. However, I remember, somewhere in the past, there were ruins of a previous structure at the site where White Cliffs is now. (And, I am talking way back...) Anybody remember that? Does "Adagio" mean confusion in Italian?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
White Cliffs is close but just a tiny tad east of where the restaurant was. The foundation with the three beachfront rooms beneath and the empty pool were there for years and years after it burned.

Andy...when you say "not well advertised or well known", that may be an understatement. It was so unknown, I never knew there was anything else ever there.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yes, that's exactly what I remember seeing. But I have no idea what decade it was. It's getting a little dusty in my memory cells, but I still remember when there was a bar in the brickyard.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
My sources suggest the restaurant was Barbarosa... Run by Dr Davie's son, Gabe.