• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I'm trying to find a good dog and grill-friendly area to spend the day. We stay in seagrove, but I have no problem with driving to find something. For the dog.. The toughest requirement is that it's a decent place for the dog to be off-leash.. He stays right with us, we don't mind picking up after him and all that, but don't want to be hassled over it. I usually keep him on a screw in leash. We have had really good luck in the national forest areas and fire roads. I've seen gators in the bay and would prefer something on the ocean. For the grill.. Charcoal friendly would be amazing but most places don't seem to allow it. At the very least I would like to be able to use my Weber Q (small propane grill) Any suggestions? We are really comfortable outdoors, don't mind canoe-ing, hiking, pretty much whatever needed to find a good spot. I have heard that Okaloosa Island is a good place to take the dog since it's part of the national park system.... Thanks all!

I don't know if dogs are beach legal in any of the State Parks, which have the quietest beaches. Supposedly cooking on the beach, any part of the beach, is looked down upon in WACO. So you have two choices: Follow the spirit and letter of the law and alter your plans OR go do all of the above with impunity at Grayton Beach where turning the other way is the norm. :wave:

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
We keep our dogs off the beach entirely. Find it offensive others ignore the law, Have stepped in doo on local beaches. Go over to the Bay and find a quiet area. Grills on the beach are another safety hazard. Deer Park St Park has the same rules and regs as all other state parks and is patrolled. Cape St. Joe offers some different alternatives for you.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
◾Pets are allowed on St. Joe Beach in Gulf County east of the county line at Highway 386. Found this on the website of Mexico Beach.
However, the Florida State Parks website says this: Pets are not allowed on beaches, along the natural shoreline, in picnic shelters, in the restrooms, cabins, primitive group camp or Wilderness area. In the areas where pets are allowed, they must be on a six-foot hand held leash and be well behaved at all times. For more information, see the Official Pet Policy.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/things-to-know/pet-policy

Last edited: