• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Low Brow, why don't you just get off it? We understand your love of hunting and that is fine. There are those here who do not care to hunt. They are entitled to their opinion just as you are to yours.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Question for my hunter friends who say that their hunting isn't about sport or trophy killing but rather about conservation. Would u support a systematic thinning of the populations by way of biologist/vet administered euthanasia and/or birth control?

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Jeff Mc,

Assuming the really was for me.
I don't have an issue with hunting. Moreso with rhetoric. I think I respect the admission that people like to hunt and are excited about the prospect of bagging a bear rather than arguing under the guise of conservation. Two cents.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
Low Brow, why don't you just get off it? We understand your love of hunting and that is fine. There are those here who do not care to hunt. They are entitled to their opinion just as you are to yours.
Because it's something I am passionate about.

Question for my hunter friends who say that their hunting isn't about sport or trophy killing but rather about conservation. Would u support a systematic thinning of the populations by way of biologist/vet administered euthanasia and/or birth control?
No, this has been done and it's not effective and it is extremely expensive. One study I read averaged around $10,000 per animal.

I think the question is... Is the bear population getting too big, OR is the population at a healthy level as planned and the bears are becoming a nuisance in certain areas?
I think to answer that question, you would have to remove man from the equation and it's not feasible.

Jeff Mc,

Assuming the really was for me.
I don't have an issue with hunting. Moreso with rhetoric. I think I respect the admission that people like to hunt and are excited about the prospect of bagging a bear rather than arguing under the guise of conservation. Two cents.
I love to hunt. I enjoy every part of it. If you don't think hunting and conservation are one in the same, I don't know what to tell you. I spend thousands of dollars a year on habitat improvements for deer, ducks, turkey, and quail. As stated earlier, you can look no further than deer and turkey hunting programs and the success they have had rebuilding the populations.
It's just like fishing. I love to fish and spend(spent) untold dollars building reefs and sponsoring programs to clean estuaries and other bodies of water. I also kill and eat fish. As a sportsman, we do more for fish and game than any other group.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
Nice post low brow. Not a hunter, but I think hunters do more for the environment than the environmentalists.