• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I would have to say Pt. Washington has the most full time residents and is reasonably priced. You can choose canal front, bay front or a home with water views. Close to all the schools. Very friendly, close knit family area.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
Grove by the Sea (about 1 mile east of Seaside)--104 lots, 21 rental properties, the rest are permanent residences (35-40) or second homes.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I would recommend Point Washington or the west end of 30a. If on 30A, look for a non-gated community that doesn't allow short term rentals and don't buy anything in a DR Horton development.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You might check out the new development in BMB just across the street from White Cliffs. It is just now being developed.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
There are a few nice developments on Mack Bayou. Point Washingto area is nice and Watersound I great. I would say it depends on what you want to spend. I live in Freeport and other than the drive south I like it and there are a wide range of prices.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I would recommend Point Washington or the west end of 30a. If on 30A, look for a non-gated community that doesn't allow short term rentals and don't buy anything in a DR Horton development.

I would have to disagree on this. It's hard to beat DR's value and the way they stand behind their product. There is a lot of misinformation out there people are buying into.

vandelayweb

Beach Crab
May 4, 2015
vandelayweb.com
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It looks like I have a lot of communities to research before our next trip.

Garner

Beach Fanatic
Vandelay, what thread about real estate would be complete without at lease one shameless plug from a Realtor! Please let me know if I can be of assistance; our family moved to 30A about a dozen years ago and I know the various communities both as a Realtor and as a Mom.
Thank you!

FLFSLP

Beach Crab
Jun 30, 2011
Hi,

Let me put in a (late) plug for my neighborhood, NatureWalk, off 395. If you want to be south of 98, but not right on 30A, which can be a blessing during Season, and you're wanting a full-time home, check us out. We have about 60% primary residents, 20% second home owners that don't rent, and the rest are full time rental (although most of the recent sales have been to full-time owners so those numbers may have changed). There are several families in the neighborhood and a few from the Atlanta area as well. We have lots of kids ranging in age from newborn to 16, two playgrounds, two pools, a tot pool, and fitness stations. We also have easy access to the trails in Pt. Washington State Forest. There are a few homes that are for sale and of course several new builds.

Go see Tanika or Eric at the sales office and tell them I sent you!

Felicia