• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
I don't see how what he did was/is any different than any other home constructed on beach front property. If you ever been through the permitting process of a beach front home, there is a lot of red tape and shifting the home location on the property to please the A/E and/or DEP is nothing unusual.

New Orleans is bit in a hole, how do yall feel about them?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Huckabee went above and beyond the usual hijinks when he specifically built a fake dune so he could claim he met the requirements and not have to reduce the size of his house.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
Huckabee went above and beyond the usual hijinks when he specifically built a fake dune so he could claim he met the requirements and not have to reduce the size of his house.

I still don't follow how that is above and beyond when every house that has driven armor protecting it, had fake dunes constructed to cover said armor. Not only fake dunes, but then they have the audacity to plant native vegetation on the fake dunes! Gasp! The horror!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I still don't follow how that is above and beyond when every house that has driven armor protecting it, had fake dunes constructed to cover said armor. Not only fake dunes, but then they have the audacity to plant native vegetation on the fake dunes! Gasp! The horror!
The horror?? Matching white sand bulldozed over driven steel sheet piles and covered with vegetation to stop erosion. Yeah, these homes should be condemned and torn down to the sand. Then the sheet piles removed so the next big storm can eat away at that lot and destroy surrounding homes..Gasp My A**.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You can't expect some of those who were not here in 2005 to understand what happened and how it was restored. They have their heads too far buried in the white sand that helped recover the area.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
Been here since '89.
All I am saying, there is a lot of singling Mike out for what everyone does. It's not unique to him.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
If in referring to Mike you mean Mike Huckabee, I can assure you his position is that if the beach is extended, he is afraid that tourists and locals will be free to sit on his "property" and he doesn't want any lower life public to be allowed to use our natural resources. Whether he likes it or not, the area next to the water belongs to the public and they can utilize it if they remain close to the waters of the Gulf. It is too bad that some, including "Mike" are so greedy as to not allow those who are less fortunate than they, the privilege of enjoying one of nature's finest atributes, as long as they are respectful and leave the area as they found it. Some of us understand because we fought for the rights of the public. You are right, Low Brow, it is not unique to him. It is, however, indicative of the greed shown by many private beachfront owners.