• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Seems like somebody should bring up the phrase "What would Jesus do?" on this thread. If you're a Christian Extremist, you got to walk the walk.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The liberal side of this site, the only side posting, speaks nonsense once again.

That's not true Andy, I had plenty to say about the Reuters Investigation and a Liberal I'm not. Don't hang political tags on folks unless you know for a fact what their political persuasion is. I'm not a Huckabee fan either and it transcends political parties. Huckabee is a hypocrite! He opposes beach restoration but greased a few palms to get land he wanted and dumped a few truckloads of sand on it, called in political favors to get the necessary permits and now owns his little piece of paradise. Nice way to say "screw you" Walton County don't ya think?

Poppy wrote:
When discussing Huckabee's housing failures the only house I'm concerned with is making sure he fails to occupy the big white one in DC.

Agreed.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
IMHO, when he built that home he demonstrated a lack of understanding of and respect for the beach ecosystem, a lack of respect for the rule of law, and worse yet, when he circumvented it he was happy to have the world know about it.

“our destruction of nature is not just bad stewardship, or stupid economics, or a betrayal of family responsibility; it is the most horrid blasphemy. It is flinging God's gifts into his face, as of no worth beyond that assigned to them by our destruction of them. To Dante, "despising Nature and her gifts" was a violence against God.(n3) We have no entitlement from the Bible to exterminate or permanently destroy or hold in contempt anything on the earth or in the heavens above it or in the waters beneath it. We have the right to use the gifts of Nature, but not to ruin or waste them. We have the right to use what we need, but no more, which is why the Bible forbids usury and great accumulations of property. The usurer, Dante said, ‘condemns Nature. . . for he puts his hope elsewhere.’”

“Idolatry always reduces to the worship of something "made with hands," something confined within the terms of human work and human comprehension. Thus Solomon and St. Paul both insisted upon the largeness and the at-largeness of God, setting him free, so to speak, from ideas about him. He is not to be fenced in, under human control, like some domestic creature; he is the wildest being in existence. The presence of his spirit in us is our wildness, our oneness with the wilderness of Creation. That is why subduing the things of nature to human purposes is so dangerous, and why it so often results in evil, in separation and desecration. It is why the poets of our tradition so often have given Nature the role, not only of mother or grandmother, but of the highest earthly teacher and judge, a figure of mystery and great power. Jesus' own specifications for the church have nothing at all to do with masonry and carpentry, but only with people; Jesus' church is "Where two or three are gathered together in my name" (Matt. 18:20).”

From ‘Christianity and the Survival of Creation” by Wendell Berry. Here’s the link for anyone who wishes to read the whole essay. Berry is my kind of Christian. He walks the talk.

http://www.crosscurrents.org/berry.htm

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Sorry Andy A, swing and a miss. I'm far from a liberal, but I'll be darned if I'd vote for Huck for dog catcher.

Huck flip flops on his "core" values more than any political figure I remember, whether taxes, immigration, abortion etc...no clear path or commitment.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Regardless, he is certainly not as bad as the Democratic solution, Hillary.