• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
While I agree with zebraspots, there was no insurance reimbursement for our incident and there certainly was no federal or state aid given. And yes, I have both Citizens insurance and flood insurance.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If the TDC starts writing parking tickets, they had better know where the public ROW is and not ticket anyone parking there. I am not going to pay a parking ticket when safely and politely parking on the ROW just because some nearby homeowner needs a hobby and a higher prune intake.

All of the beach access parking is overflowing and we are technically in the off season. Restricting parking further is not a solution. Adding parking spaces in the ROW is!

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
If the TDC starts writing parking tickets, they had better know where the public ROW is and not ticket anyone parking there. I am not going to pay a parking ticket when safely and politely parking on the ROW just because some nearby homeowner needs a hobby and a higher prune intake. All of the beach access parking is overflowing and we are technically in the off season. Restricting parking further is not a solution. Adding parking spaces in the ROW is!
doubt they will hand out tickets that they can't enforce........so if you think you can park anywhere in the ROW you want and you get a ticket......bet you pay some how....

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If WCSO doesn't enforce them, they really won't be enforced regularly otherwise.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
My guess is that they will have to have the WCSO do any ticketing, and they have far more important things to do than play meter maid IMO.

The solution to a parking problem is not to reduce parking because nearby property owners complain. The ROWs are public property and any space in them that does not cause a safety issue with an intersection, block a driveway, or a mailbox should be available for parking!

spaglioni

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2012
This is a map of the project areas, approximately 18 miles. However what will be renourished (all, part, or nothing) will depend on beachfront owners in the project area signing construction easements to allow project contractors to come onto their property.
Sorry but the map was not attached.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Unfortunately I think the anti beach group has more money to spend spreading false info. So the Pro beach group looks DOA...