• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
These haven't been here up until the past two weeks or so (at least not in the past 15 years). Any idea who owns the entire beach in front of eastern lake? Tough to figure what lot the signs correspond to.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
If you were to be standing in the lake and looking south at the gulf, where are the signs? Due South, West or East?

Actually they are all up and down the beach from the eastern lake to deer lake sp. The most obvious are the signs in front of beachside villas and the dunes off of beachfront...... and It is nice to see at 7am on Saturday the vendors already had one solid row of chairs set up at one of two public accesses. Did we not get this issue resolved?

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Actually they are all up and down the beach from the eastern lake to deer lake sp. The most obvious are the signs in front of beachside villas and the dunes off of beachfront...... and It is nice to see at 7am on Saturday the vendors already had one solid row of chairs set up at one of two public accesses. Did we not get this issue resolved?

The 50 percent vendor rule is supposed to be implemented/enforced starting on May 22.

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
If you were to be standing in the lake and looking south at the gulf, where are the signs? Due South, West or East?

They are due south of the middle of the lake between the lake and gulf. These are not the signs you see in front of houses (that make sense) in the area. There is no house and in fact I'm pretty sure the lake used to run through the land they are claiming.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The person who owns the "yellow house" on the east side of the inlet also owns the lot west of the house. This lot extends to almost where the inlet is now. Whether he can legally keep people from using it as a "right of way" is a completely different matter since it has been under "customary use" for many decades as a means to access the beach.

mmcq

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2013
We saw these signs too on Friday morning and a security guard moving the signs around as the tide was changing the water line.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
The 50 percent vendor rule is supposed to be implemented/enforced starting on May 22.

It will be interesting to see if the vendors comply, and if they don't comply, how the rule will be enforced. We were in Seagrove for the past 8 days. Our beach "hangout" is west of One Seagrove. In the 14 years that we have owned our little piece of the paradise pie, we have NEVER seen as many vendor beach chairs spread out in a huge area as we have this past week ...definitely more than their allowance! Is this just their way of throwing a hissy fit? They used to set up only in front of One Seagrove, and usually only 2 deep. This past week they were 3 deep (in some places more than that) in front of One Seagrove, and for the first time to my knowledge they were also set up west of One Seagrove all the way to the "Private Beach" sign to the west of the public access. They even set up several chairs almost at the water line. The poor visitors were left with a small space to crowd in and set up their umbrellas. I guess when our family comes down to visit this summer we will have to race down there before the vendors can set up in order to secure space. If the vendors refuse to comply, who can we call? It's not even busy season yet....I hate to think what it will be like in the next few months!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It will be interesting to see if the vendors comply, and if they don't comply, how the rule will be enforced. We were in Seagrove for the past 8 days. Our beach "hangout" is west of One Seagrove. In the 14 years that we have owned our little piece of the paradise pie, we have NEVER seen as many vendor beach chairs spread out in a huge area as we have this past week ...definitely more than their allowance! Is this just their way of throwing a hissy fit? They used to set up only in front of One Seagrove, and usually only 2 deep. This past week they were 3 deep (in some places more than that) in front of One Seagrove, and for the first time to my knowledge they were also set up west of One Seagrove all the way to the "Private Beach" sign to the west of the public access. They even set up several chairs almost at the water line. The poor visitors were left with a small space to crowd in and set up their umbrellas. I guess when our family comes down to visit this summer we will have to race down there before the vendors can set up in order to secure space. If the vendors refuse to comply, who can we call? It's not even busy season yet....I hate to think what it will be like in the next few months!
ALL you have to do is call Jeff or Dave at beach enforcement after the 22nd and they WILL enforce the new RULES