• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
The owners in Beach Highlands S/D had billboards installed to keep beach goers from parking on "their" so called ROW's and now the Sunshine Shuttle is going to shuttle residents to two public beach accesses in that neighborhood......
Stay tuned~

I was mistaken about the county

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The owners in Beach Highlands S/D had billboards installed to keep beach goers from parking on "their" so called ROW's and now the county has given Sunshine Shuttle the right to shuttle residents to two public beach accesses in that neighborhood...... Stay tuned~
this may ruin Sunshine Shuttle
People riding to lunch/shopping to avoid traffic and parking ( reason for shuttle in the first place).
Probably don't want to wait while a family with bags of beach stuff and lots of sand find seats on the free shuttle.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Someone told me the free Turtle Shuttle run by Sunshine was not running this year due to poor ridership last year and sponsors pulled out. Rumor?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Who is funding it?

Why only two beach accesses; Blue Man & Stalworth.

I saw it too, no one on it...

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Apparently the S/D Cypress Dunes who was denied a beach access through the state park hired Sunshine Shuttle to shuttle homeowners and renters to Stallworth for the season.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is my understanding from what has been posted here, that Topsail State Park is allowing free enterance to the beach and their shuttle to beach access. The fee is being picked up by the TDC at the end of the season. Kudos to the TDC for doing this. Bed tax money well spent!

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Andy
Is this for everyone or residents only?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Times they are a changing. Sunshine shuttle an a highlands S/D mini executive bus just buzzed up
To BMB. Good news, vendors staying on their 50% side