• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We have visited after Xmas, in March/April during Spring break, June, July, and August but never May. (My husband is now a retired teacher so we can take advantage of lower rates:)

We have been seeing the purple flag on the beach cams but noticed today that they were gone and only yellow. Hope that lasts.

Have not seen people in the water, so either there were too many jelly fish and/or it was too cold? Pools still cold?

We are returning in September after a football game in Atlanta, then in October after a football game in Tallahassee - two more 'new' months.

We love visiting 30A, but the number reason we come down is because it's attached to a beach!

Can't wait. On arrival, we plan to stop in the Grayton Brewery; visitors' center, Vue for lunch, Growler Garage/Gulf Place - all this before we check in Saturday.

Looking forward to the new wine spot at Seaside and breakfast at Bud & Alley's.

Unfortunately, Mother's Day is at the beach - no children this visit - so I've decided to go to two restaurants we've not visited - Basmanti's and Borago. Maybe a bar visit without reservations.

Bikes everyday, all day long.

Modica Market for food, wine, and beer for the house.

Amavida coffee.

Sitting on 'our' bench across from Pickles.

Watching for dolphins and pelicans.

We always cruise through the Tarpon Club to see if there's space at the bar. If not, we keep stopping by.

And of course, sitting on the beach, watching the waves, sunrise, sunset.

It looks like that early tropical storm might head up the Atlantic and miss 30A. Hope that it doesn't do any damage anywhere.

Have I said I can't wait?

Ellen (and Mike)

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Yes, this is our week. Weather and water have been wonderful. First time to eat at Basmati's. Wonderful. Recommend. Interior. Foord presentation. Portions. Service. Lovely. Next, first time, Sept.

spaglioni

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2012
Shhhhhh.....keep Basmatis quiet. Been coming down here for over 20 years and it is the go-to spot.