• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Heres a solution:TDC spends some of its millions $$$ and installs beach camera at the public beach accesses.Tourists can log on and check beach conditions via an app on the phone, etc.Cameras are then also used to monitor the vendors and capture them when in violation.Video from this is used to support the subsequent fines that are levied.Thank you.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
There are already multiple beach cams in place and multiple enforcement and TDC personnel constantly on the beaches. Let's just do zero tolerance for offenders instead of going full on NSA/Orwell.

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
This morning I look at the Walton Dunes beach access at 7:20 and saw 20+ setups (two chairs and an umbrella) already in place and in a straight line along most of the beach. I assume the morning nesting survey happens before 7am? Just don't understand the "after morning nesting" clause in this ordinance.... It makes enforcement impossible.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Lets change the ordinance and not allow vendors to set up unless the chairs and umbrellas are rented by specific individuals. They can't set up on our beach unless their products are requested by owners or renters.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Lets change the ordinance and not allow vendors to set up unless the chairs and umbrellas are rented by specific individuals. They can't set up on our beach unless their products are requested by owners or renters.
Andy you are correct. However,recently we witnessed a family arrive on the beach and call one vendor ( the one always on the front row before 6:45am daily) and ask about setups, his reply was that setup for ABC family just called and where not using this setup today, so Guess What? The just arriving family at 11:30AM could have the ABC setup....he beats the system daily.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What? People were able to carry their own stuff to the beach? Or stay at a resort that had chair service?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
This morning I look at the Walton Dunes beach access at 7:20 and saw 20+ setups (two chairs and an umbrella) already in place and in a straight line along most of the beach. I assume the morning nesting survey happens before 7am? Just don't understand the "after morning nesting" clause in this ordinance.... It makes enforcement impossible.

Why does the new vendor ordinance allow any of this? Was hoping that restrictions would be in place.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Here is a novel idea to keep private enterprise from beating the system on public beaches...

What about using TDC funding?

578766_3496529706391_299137085_n.jpg

Last edited: