• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sugarhanson

Beach Crab
Jun 2, 2015
My husband and I are trying to book our first weekend away without the kids in 4 years. We usually stay in Seagrove with the family, but are looking at the Village of South Walton vs. Gulf Place. Does anyone have any insight to help us decide? We like a laid back atmosphere.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
My husband and I are trying to book our first weekend away without the kids in 4 years. We usually stay in Seagrove with the family, but are looking at the Village of South Walton vs. Gulf Place. Does anyone have any insight to help us decide? We like a laid back atmosphere. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!
Village of South Walton is far from laid back....Gulf Place is laid back

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Not sure why the Village of South Walton is not laid back but Gulf Place is very nice and beach access is across the street and you are near shopping and some great dining choices at either one. Enjoy

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You might consider Blue Mountain Beach as well. There are condos for rent at Sea Bluff, where I live, Adagio and Bella Vita. All complexes are very nice and immediate access to the beach. Restaurants abound, with many being within walking distance. They are all very good.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
You might consider Blue Mountain Beach as well. There are condos for rent at Sea Bluff, where I live, Adagio and Bella Vita. All complexes are very nice and immediate access to the beach. Restaurants abound, with many being within walking distance. They are all very good.

Blue Mountain is great. Best ice cream on 30-A at Blue Mountain Creamery. Other good restaurants. Gulf Place has an excellent pizza place ( Pizza by the Sea) especially their lunch special and The Perfect Pig.... maybe the best restaurant on 30-A. Try their grouper fish dinner and their pork medallions with grits. Both wonderful dishes. Couple of other sandwich shops at Gulf Place that are good for beach food.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Blue Mountain is great. Best ice cream on 30-A at Blue Mountain Creamery. Other good restaurants. Gulf Place has an excellent pizza place ( Pizza by the Sea) especially their lunch special and The Perfect Pig.... maybe the best restaurant on 30-A. Try their grouper fish dinner and their pork medallions with grits. Both wonderful dishes. Couple of other sandwich shops at Gulf Place that are good for beach food.
growlers garage. Beer beer beer

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Whichever place lets you leave your car in the driveway except for grocery shopping (which you should do as early as you can in the morning) if you're going during peak months. Off peak, doesn't matter so much. We have a place not far from the Villages of South Walton and love the area. If you're going during peak months and aren't bringing kids, another area might be quieter. If you're going outside of the peak months, it doesn't matter because it's pretty quiet wherever you go. The Villages of South Walton area is right near Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach, so it's an easywalk/bike ride to restaurants, hikes, beaches, etc. We love it in this area. Every area has it's own charm, so try one place this time and another place next time. For me, the key would be how close I am to the beach. You'd want it to be no more than a 4-5 minute walk if possible. Being south of 30A doesn't guarantee that so use Google Earth to see for yourself how far the beach access is. Enjoy your stay wherever you go.