• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LocalWaterGuy

Beach Crab
Jun 2, 2015
Bayfront and as close to central 30a as you could be without the hassle of 30a tourism. The best of both worlds.

1/2 Acre Lot on Bay in the Shallows directly north of 30a. The property has benefits of full bay view, but a small buffer island protects the property from erosion and a small canal would allow for protected boat access. It is very tranquil and the views are fabulous.

What makes the property unique is that it is on a dead end street with little to no traffic and is full of mature trees. Secluded with mostly locals living on the street. It is very quiet but as close to 30a Watercolor as you can be living on the bay.

I am actually trying to find offers or perhaps be directed to best Realtor in the area to list lots. We have many great Realtors on 30a but I am looking for one with a good history of bay front lot sales? Any Realtors have that type of history or any Realtor with buyers looking for unique bayfront in 30a area please email me at gfamilyllc@gmail.com

Asking price TBD of $795,000 at the moment.

Last edited:

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
I mean this sincerely, and not trying to be snarky, but did you have a typo in the size of the lot? We've done a good bit of research while interested in bayside property and have one of the area's top realtors helping in the search, and if you don't have a house sitting on it to sell with it, you may need to find a superhuman realtor to sell a half acre of empty bayview/bayfront-ish land at or near your current asking price. A beautiful lot on Amelia Lane, also a dead-end locals street subdivision but with more features such as a community park area and dock and a more built-out neighborhood, sold for $450,000 in December with full bay frontage and the size was over 4 full acres. Two lots over, full bay view like what you are describing with smaller canal access on the bayou was well over a half acre (.86) and just sold in March for 210K. Not even lots in the Estuary - a more upscale, gated community with beautiful trees and large bay front lots are listed with an asking price that high. Of course it only takes one uninformed person with deep pockets (not bound by a property assessment/loan-to-value ratios) to fall in love and pay outside of market norms...

Last edited by a moderator:

LocalWaterGuy

Beach Crab
Jun 2, 2015
Beach Mac... I completely understand your opinion. It all depends on what the buyer wants.

First off , prices have risen dramatically since December and its all about supply and demand. There are only a limited number of "empty" lots remaining on the bay AND that are this close to 30a. Many buyers want an empty lot to build a dream home, not buy an existing one. Also, this neighborhood has no association dues and its not in a "community" which is desirable to many buyers. Finally, its not a random lot on the bay, the setting is beautiful and "feels" different. I am in no rush to sell and the property sold for $795,000 in 2005. I feel strongly that this lot will be worth over one million in 36 to 50 months due to the supply and demand on this area. So if the market is not quite there I will just wait, but I dont think I will need to wait very long. The lot is in the Shallows if you care to look. Its the only one left: