• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Unfortunately Republican politicians are acting in a calculated way in an effort to get minority votes. If they think taking down a few flags from historical monuments is going to accomplish that, I have land in the swamp to sell them.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Unfortunately Republican politicians are acting in a calculated way in an effort to get minority votes. If they think taking down a few flags from historical monuments is going to accomplish that, I have land in the swamp to sell them.

Or more than likely they finally realize there is zero upside to having their states associated with such a polarizing symbol that represented the worst in us.

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
Anybody want to guess witch was the largest slave owning state in the union was.........you guest it New York. But that don't count, it's not in the South. You can't harass people from NY because they speak perfect English.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Anybody want to guess witch was the largest slave owning state in the union was.........you guest it New York. But that don't count, it's not in the South. You can't harass people from NY because they speak perfect English.

Not during the civil war, it was already a free state and since their side won I doubt they are still fighting unlike the rednecks down here.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Definitely I have no respect for these dead ****ers and the people who want to honor them.

Counting the asterisks I'm guessing hookers? punters? naggers? porkers? hatters? baiters? hunters? It's difficult to decipher words without all their letters.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013

If you want to harass New Yorkers, connect with someone from Boston, and vice versa.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
"The South is big on heritage and history , just not our history". Clementa Pickney, slain by the gun of a confederate flag waving racist. So those of you that insist this flag is not a sign of brutality but rather merely a symbol of southern heritage perhaps there is a compromise . Let's place a statute of Nat Turner on that public ground. We don't even need a special flag for him. How about a broken whip or a noose.. A whip that he grew tired of. Or better yet let's show some grace and not put that symbol of the very worst of our country in the face of those of us that are deeply offended.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Great idea! The likeness of Nat Turner would make a great addition to any southern public space.