• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com

The latest real estate report for May 2015 includes statistics for single family homes in Walton County, Florida. It's been an impressive 2015 for real estate in South Walton.

Read more...

We'd love to hear what you think...you can comment here or on the story page. Feel free to share on your site, blog, facebook, or any other site.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
These reports have good stuff in them.

Walton-May-2015.pdf 2015-06-24 09-42-36.jpg

Average sales prices spike in July - will it happen again this July? Any realtors out there know if this is the norm? What does it say about our market?

Walton-May-2015.pdf 2015-06-24 09-40-25.jpg

Confirms short sales are gone gone.

Walton-May-2015.pdf 2015-06-24 09-38-19.jpg

A sure sign of a recovered market, a hot market - a sellers' market?

fishcookies

Beach Comber
Mar 11, 2008
We'll be active buyers this NOV after vacationing along 30A all our married life. We're an Army family who's moved 18 times in 23 years, so we're eager to finally settle into a home of our own. The uptick in the market lately makes me a bit nervous. The dream house I can afford gets less dreamy with each passing month. We're blessed that my husband's new job will allow us to live anywhere, so I'll feel like a chump if I've convinced him to move to our happy place only to get caught on top of another correction. We plan to own whatever we buy for a long time, but if we did have to move again, I console myself by thinking we'd have an easy time long-term renting out our house. Is that a fair assumption?

I've studied the Sowal real estate reports from the last couple of years, but I'd love to hear locals' opinions about what you'd consider the least scary investment in the $500,000 range for a small family of 3 who will be working and schooling from home. I've lurked on several forum pages reading everyone's thoughts on the pros and cons of living east vs. west, north vs. south, etc. Forest Lakes is my favorite development in our range, but it still seems stuck (?); the old Seagrove/Deer Lake area is my favorite vibe. Sigh. I have too many questions. I'll start a separate thread to ask them, but in the meantime, somebody please tell me you don't think we'll be walking into a frenzy by wintertime.

spaglioni

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2012
Check out Sea Dunes off of Dune Allen Loop in SRB. Quiet neighborhood with short walk to water.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
Have you checked out Nature Walk at Seagrove? We went through there a couple of years ago and thought it was really nice. Not sure how sales have been going but it might be worth a look.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
If you and your family are going to be full time residents consider west of watercolor and Grayton beach. Less traffic congestion and density...also state forests and more roads leading to hwy 98. Public beach accesses and topsail state park.

Last edited by a moderator:

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I'm building a coastal cottage for myself in the Village at Blue Mountain Beach. I also own a 100' x 100' lot in Cypress Breeze Plantation. I have it for sale for $85,000. It is located 5 blocks from Gulf Place and Ed Walline beach access. My builder is working on plans for a home on this lot so we may begin to build a home on it in the fall. Contact me if you are interested in more information.
Email: ffimg@hotmail.com

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com