• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The tacky level could be reduced if we added nice stuff instead of tacky stuff.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The tacky level could be reduced if we added nice stuff instead of tacky stuff.

yes, indeed!

Lots of locals are ready for a few fast food options nearby though. And other conveniences. Though I would prefer to drive to PCB an Destin for these things, I've always accepted that they will arrive here some day. That day started with Smallmart.

Our fast food joints can be well designed as well as our nice shops and offices. The old plazas are what really need a facelift, along with other very old buildings.

dollgirlmimi

Beach Lover
Jan 25, 2009
Yeah, A lot hard workers keeping 30-A nice, and all the places on 30-A are too pricey for some of those hard workers....:shock:

JChan

Beach Comber
Sep 17, 2007
SeaGrove
Sadly this what happens when you ok a Walmart to come in the area. Lots more of similar things will be coming in the future.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Highway 98 has had this destiny since it was four-laned. I think it won't be that much of a negative influence, whatsoever. The fast food places, and Walmarts, of this country, are becoming a lot nicer-looking than what you imagine in your mind's eye. If them can keep the signage down, and the landscaping up, it could be an acceptable change along that corridor.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
There is not going to be nearly enough parking, the Exxon and CAF in the morning is already a mess with the trailers and trucks driving through it. I don't see that it can meet the requirements that it may have to meet as a new business right there.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
having their second commission hearing September 8 2015. Wonder why a second hearing?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
having their second commission hearing September 8 2015. Wonder why a second hearing?

I don't think it made the last BCC meeting.

During the planning commission meeting it was let slip that 98 is planned to be 6 lanes through this area in the near future.