• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Friends, last night somebody shot off a volley of large, loud, dangerous fireworks from Inlet Beach. This wasn't some kid with a few firecrackers. These were rockets or aerial shells, launched from within the neighborhood and going off right over our heads. Any debris or a misfire could easily have started a serious blaze on the ground.

We called the sheriff's office and will do it again if need be. Right now, I'm just asking people to use a little courtesy and common sense. Not everyone wants to see your fireworks, especially since it's been a week since the 4th. If you have leftovers, please save them for another day. DON'T put others' lives and homes at risk.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I don't think WCSO will do anything about the fireworks unless we all call and complain.....I am done with the noise and so is our Lily!!!

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Sadly, it goes on all of July here. I have mentioned to people that I see with fireworks while walking my dog that fireworks are illegal in Florida and I am maybe a few blocks down the road and they light 'em up. They are rude, entitled, and see our area as their one week long playground that don't have to clean up.

You would think that after those kids burned down the beachside bar in Sandestin because of their wayward fireworks that there would be more aggressive enforcement and education (TDC).

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seems to be a legal issue for WCSO and a safety issue for SWFD. Surprised that people can still go to Grayton Beach by the hundreds for DIY fireworks on the 4th. We used to show up but the danger level got to be too much out there.

Grayton Beach State Park Ranger reported that some bird nests on the beach were wiped out after the 4th. Sea turtles are in the middle of nesting.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Some yahoo set off an impressive light show last night in Point Washington......I guess he/she didn't realize that we're living in a dense forest (or extremely dry tinder box, at the moment). The noise makes the pets go nuts, and the thought of fire makes us humans a bit edgy too. Entitlement? Stupidity? Fun for them? Yes to all three. Geez.