• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
Why was Jefferson Davis captured in women's clothes. Oh My . ( that is a fact) "Heritage" and southern tradition means music ( oh how I could go on!) and writers and again (oh how I could go on) and food , my my, my; and landscape and manners and heat and church . I feel in bondage as do my ancestors each time I see that repugnant symbol fly on public property. Let's celebrate our goodness and the magnificent contributions we have made to the world. Why was he I a dress ?

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Poppy, if they are trying to do such a thing, which I doubt, they are doing a horrible job at it. Frankly, most of them are doing nothing but trying to get re-elected. From what I observe it is the left that is trying to create a humanistfacsist state in this country. And ya'll are doing a bang-up job at it right now.
Google American Renewal Project and read how they are recruiting 1000 pastors to run for office. You will see that Bobby Jindal and others endorse this. So much for the establishment clause. These are the same fanatics who fear Islamofascism and Sharia law yet want to force all Americans to live under their idea of religious laws.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Liberals ideas are progressive. Conservatives are just too embarrassed to admit theirs are regressive.
Poppy you are very consistent in your communicative abilities to divide people. You should be a politician!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Poppy you are very consistent in your communicative abilities to divide people. You should be a politician!
With the exception of the new Conservative hero Trump, consistency is a quality most politicians do not possess.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Why was Jefferson Davis captured in women's clothes. Oh My . ( that is a fact) "Heritage" and southern tradition means music ( oh how I could go on!) and writers and again (oh how I could go on) and food , my my, my; and landscape and manners and heat and church . I feel in bondage as do my ancestors each time I see that repugnant symbol fly on public property. Let's celebrate our goodness and the magnificent contributions we have made to the world. Why was he I a dress ?
Cuff, does that mean you and your ancestors are African American? Please share with us some stories of you and your ancestors being bound and tied or what it is like to be bought and sold. If you are just being a white sarcastic anti-southern heritage person with a political axe to grind then just say it. That being the case you need to believe that Southerners who understand the importance of the Confederate Flag and Southern Heritage are just a bunch of backwards rednecks. If that is it the case then we do understand each other and your goal is to ridicule or maybe if you had the power to eliminate an entire culture.

If you were trying to "avoid" capture and hanging or worse from a bunch of rapist northern soldiers, I agree what the heck was he thinking wearing a dress!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Forget tolerance. Lol. Acceptance is where it's at.. I totally accept you. And your new flags and understand what they mean to you.

My formula for Acceptance: Tolerance plus fishing to the 10th power = Acceptance. Wish me luck :)

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Poppy, what does the establishment clause have to do with someone running for office? The clause states that the government cannot establish a state religion. If I were a woman, gay, or drank alcohol I would be afraid of Sharia law. Fly a rainbow flag in Iran or Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. I prefer the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.

Cuff, it is no great secret why Jeff Davis was wearing women's clothing; he was trying to escape capture. I did not answer your question at first because I thought the answer was rather simplistic.

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Poppy, what does the establishment clause have to do with someone running for office? The clause states that the government cannot establish a state religion. If I were a woman, gay, or drank alcohol I would be afraid of Sharia law. Fly a rainbow flag in Iran or Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. I prefer the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. Cuff, it is no great secret why Jeff Davis was wearing women's clothing; he was trying to escape capture. I did not answer your question at first because I thought the answer was rather simplistic.
Because Christians want to establish their religion as the official religion of our country and are doing everything in their power achieve this goal. Who the hell do you think has been and still is behind the movement to deny Gays their civil rights?