• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
If we want to get jokey about it, what did one Confederate say to the other Confederate: "Negros are inferior and should be slaves. Let's go to war over it!" Badda-bing!

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
And as usual Andy you're lurking around waiting for the opportunity to grab table scraps and run.

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
If we want to get jokey about it, what did one Confederate say to the other Confederate: "Negros are inferior and should be slaves. Let's go to war over it!" Badda-bing!
"it's a guaranteed slam dunk, they're only three fifths human".

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Teresa, you are absolutely right! I'll be at McTighes a little after 4:00 P.M. and would be happy to buy you or any of the above posters a beer.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Andy, I am out of town but it would be my pleasure to have a beer with you! I would also buy any of our posters on this thread a drink but I may want a head start :)

Beau

Beach Crab
Sep 19, 2009
The fact that no one talks about modern day slavery in this country and would rather argue about flags proves you're all slaves. :evil:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
The fact that no one talks about modern day slavery in this country and would rather argue about flags proves you're all slaves. :evil:
We are discussing the history of state sanctioned legal slavery where one race believed they were superior to all others and the flag they flew when engaging in war against their government. If you're referring to the crime of modern day slavery that is a different subject, but post and we will see where it goes.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Correction to poppy's post. This thread as evolved into a discussion about many things:

1. How to respect the African American race while preserving the Confederate Memorial and Flag in the wake of the South Carolina church shooting.
2. Should the Confederate Flag fly over this memorial and should public opinion have more power than local governments in the decision.
3. Will removing the Confederate Flag change anything for the better (racism, hatred).
4. Are symbols really the cause of mass shootings or should the discussion be more in check with reality (mental health and gun safety).
5. The denial of the roots of racism and why it exists in society.
6. The biases written into history to avoid exposing hypocrisy.
7. The overreactions of society fueled by social media (this forum and all the video clips is but one example).
8. How ideology has hijacked common sense regarding the unity of our species. Humans are creative in their ways to be divisive.
9. The hidden agenda of intolerance.
10. The hypocrisy of many (not all) of the "deflaggers" by not responding to the question, "how have you personally shown respect to African Americans (supporting the NAACP, supporting the Black Panthers, hiring African Americans into your businesses and inviting them into your home, using your bed taxes and other resources to market more African American tourism into Sowal, etc.).

There are many more points of discussion going on within this thread so choose your poison. The thread has been eye opening regarding divisive thoughts and words. Name calling has generally been on the side of those wanting to remove the flag and an open invitation to share a beer on the other side. Some of the deflaggers seem to be more aggressive and divisive and angry while the other side is willing to purchase the beer for them in an effort heal their personal wounds of slavery. Okay, I am going to far but the point is there is too much anger on this subject. We really should try and be more civil to each other. Why not?