• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
No, it's about not disrespecting people. Take your personal feelings out of it and try to see the situation through their eyes.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It works both ways. If you really think that there are not Americans of black descent that do not respect caucausian Americans you are, indeed, naive.

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I agree, but I have never met anyone who believes it isn't true.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
This is all about respecting African Americans, right?

No, it's about that and more. No wonder you are having so much difficulty.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
No, it's about not disrespecting people. Take your personal feelings out of it and try to see the situation through their eyes.
If you do not see the hypocrisy in that statement then you are not aware of your own statements. Listen, no one is above a little hypocrisy now and then but there are eyes on both sides of this subject and by taking a hard line on the issue is certainly disrespecting another side. I think it comes down to respect and trust. So, one side will have to give and the other side should say "thank you for earning my respect and trust". I know that this is within our control but will it happen...

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Your skill set is lacking the ability to comprehend.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Mputnal,
Just so you know, not everybody disagrees with you.
And the thing that bothers me the most about this entire thread is where those who fly the Confederate battle flag on their pickup truck are labeled as undesirables on a thread that is supposed to be about eliminating racism and discrimination...

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Because nothing represents love, respect, and acceptance like a big ass rebel flag flying from the back of your vehicle. Add a bible and a white hood and you've got yourself a trifecta.

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Mputnal,
Just so you know, not everybody disagrees with you.
And the thing that bothers me the most about this entire thread is where those who fly the Confederate battle flag on their pickup truck are labeled as undesirables on a thread that is supposed to be about eliminating racism and discrimination...

Sorry you can't see the distinction, but the flaggers are being judged by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin.