• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
mputnal and/or other interested parties, If you are still interested in meeting Justin he will be at wal mart tomorrow from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm for people to sign the paper petition which will be presented to the BCC Tuesday.

Walmart no longer sell that"piece of cloth" but they do sell everything China can produce. So misinformed. Again.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
A little history lesson:

Many on the side of taking the flag down have made much of the Stephens Cornerstone address and have used it for their assertion that the Civil War was entirely about slavery. However, this speech should be viewed in the context of the time it was delivered. The fact is that most politicians, North and South held many of the same views as Stephens. And the North was not trying to abolish slavery. The Corwin Amendment was passed by Congress at the same time and basically prohibited the Federal Government from interfering or impeding slavery. This was an attempt to get the Southern states to remain in the Union. This amendment was passed and sent to the states for ratification. Technically it is still pending. Both President Buchanan and President Lincoln endorsed it. Ohio, Maryland and Illinois ratified it. All the southern states had to do was ratify the amendment and slavery would have been protected from Federal purview. The Southern states chose to proceed with secession because they had other issues with the North such as the Morrill Tariff.
History is often much more complex than the sound bites people listen to.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Walmart no longer sell that"piece of cloth" but they do sell everything China can produce. So misinformed. Again.

Cuff, he isn't going there to buy "that piece of cloth" so you're right, you are sadly misinformed again. SSDD.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
Danny
Flying that flag is the very last way to get jobs in North Walton . Research a bit who Nicki Haley consulted and who put pressure on her tp take that rag down, follow the money. Keep that thing up and NoWal will remain economically depressed. No national company will locate here even with very low taxes because national marketing can't sell angry backwoods racists. Your " live here for twenty years" litmus test does not market to companies. Remember what happened to that Gov of Indiana when he tried to be hateful to the gays? Smack down from big business and sports associations. Keep that rag up and add more fuel for why SoWal needs to incorporate and stop sending our tax dollars to the poor white ignorant racists . Embarrassing and so shallow but as Misty's bunch says , "Keep it flying" .

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You can do this today? Manage to friend 300 people, and trick facebook into saying you joined facebook in 2010?
I have news for you:

Wow, for someone who can't remember a single name of those who made the ignorant comments you sure made it a point to see how many friends they had and when they joined facebook. Lemme give you another news flash...a friend of mine was having a contest to promote a business on facebook and was offering free products for those who could get the most likes on her page. I won that contest because my daughter went on the world wide web and found a site where you could pay $5.00 to get people from all over the globe (mostly other countries) to like the page. I'm sure $5.00 could buy 300 friends too.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Yeah, I was not in favor of incorporation until this flag furor started. Now I would gladly part with some tax dollars just to differentiate myself from the Nowallers. I want to live in a place that's got cred, not crud.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Cuff, I hate to inform you but incorporation will not stop the county from collecting taxes in the South. It would mean the"white, ignorant racists" will no longer have to provide services to the South, but the taxes will still be collected. Maybe ya'll should put one at the South annex if that is all it takes to stop growth. (Just Kidding)