• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Are you speaking to anyone in particular? Maybe your discussion deserves its own thread if you have other national issues to discuss. Try the lounge for those.
I did not think you liked calling out people by name. I am confused. Go ahead and single me out if it makes you feel better but I believe there has been a lot of issues in this thread being discussed.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I did not think you liked calling out people by name. I am confused. Go ahead and single me out if it makes you feel better but I believe there has been a lot of issues in this thread being discussed.

You can address whomever you choose. Just don't put words in MY mouth please. Sorry mp.

Now is when the issue gets heated in the aftermath. I hope everyone can please try to stay calm and share your thoughts and ideas in a thoughtful way. We're all part of this community. We're not going to have the same views. Not before the vote or after. But we can consider an another's idea, and respond, or move on. Anger is a choice. And not necessarily the best one.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Cuff, No one has said that the Blacks do not count. Of course they do. But in the end, this is not a procedural question or a question of fundamental rights. It is a question about how to display a memorial to soldiers who died 150 years ago. Hardly earth-shattering stuff. There were two opinions and neither opinion won. Instead a substitute was made that removed the flag that Blacks said deeply offended them, the so-called "X" flag. The substitute was one most had never even seen. So how can they now be deeply offended by it? Many supporters of the flag did not want the change either because the Stars and Bars does not use the "X" They would have preferred the "Blood-stained banner" or 3rd National flag. This flag has the "X" included and in respect to the Black citizens was not proposed. So, their opinions and feeling were taken into account. But for some that is just not good enough.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
The entire North end wanted a compromise and there is nothing wrong in Commissioners talking to their constituents telling them what they would like to see. Danny said they would compromise also but he didn't know what that would be anymore than Andy did. Don't drag others (especially those who don't agree with you) into your futile attempts to make it look like a conspiracy. Its only in your mind.

Danny, Missy said "the entire North wanted a compromise."very sure from her verbosity she thinks she is SOMEONE! Ha

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
The entire North end wanted a compromise and there is nothing wrong in Commissioners talking to their constituents telling them what they would like to see. Danny said they would compromise also but he didn't know what that would be anymore than Andy did. Don't drag others (especially those who don't agree with you) into your futile attempts to make it look like a conspiracy. Its only in your mind.

Danny
Missy said "Then entire North(sic) end wanted a compromise. From her verbosity on here I am pretty sure she thinks she is SomeOne! Ha

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Missy
Did the African Americans want a compromise ? Oh wait. They don't count.

Chapman put a motion on the table to remove it....so yes I do think they counted.

I know you won't like this answer but it is what happened.

Some of you folks may want to put some blame on Jones' back...if her constituents were as important as a family outing this may have had a whole different outcome.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
She is someone. I thought we all are. Most North "someones" understand trying to work together and give a little to get a little. Apparently those are foreign concepts in some places.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Danny, Missy said "the entire North wanted a compromise."very sure from her verbosity she thinks she is SOMEONE! Ha

No I don't think I'm someone..I know I am. Maybe no one important, maybe not someone rich or politically connected but I am someone who has lived in this county for 30 + years and know that most of the people in that meeting (black and white) wanted an amiable solution.

Pardon me for the poor use of the word "compromise". Now if you could be half as literate as I have tried to be...

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I wish that "someone's" question would be answered. "The Uhlfelders speak of injustice in our Courts but offer absolutely no proof that anyone in Walton County has been treated unjustly and had it proven in a court of law and a conviction or verdict overturned." Maybe you do not get the implied question so how about this: Name one person or one case where justice was not obtained or one verdict that was overturned due to the Confederate flag flying at the Civil War Memorial? Do you have proof or are you just going to sling mud against the wall and hope some of it sticks?