• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Ms. Nelson didn't make a mistake. She used her manner of expression and we all have them.

She used his? LOL! Proves the point that grammar isn't everything. I get your point.

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
There were several people in that room who didn't articulate themselves as well

Completely agree. It's humiliating that my children are educated in the same county that enables it.

Regardless of her butchering the language, her point is nonsense. That 2,370 individuals signed an online petition (the biggest one online) does not mean that they can’t nobody say it’s race.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
A decision has been made. It was a just decision. End this thread or suggest the Viet Nam Wall, Korean Memorial, WWII memorial and a myriad of other memorials should be taken down because some don't agree with the reasons they are there. Enough!!!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Completely agree. It's humiliating.

Regardless of her butchering the language, her point is nonsense. That 2,370 individuals signed an online petition (the biggest one online) does not mean that they can’t nobody say it’s race.

I'm not ashamed of anyone who spoke or "butchered" the language and her point is just as valid as anyone else's. That is the concept behind the First Amendment right to free speech.

You have the right to be humiliated/offended that's also Constitutionally protected.

This is way to shallow a conversation for me. Done with your play on semantics.

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
her point is just as valid as anyone else's. That is the concept behind the First Amendment right to free speech.

The fact that her speech is Constitutionally protected does not make it valid. For example, while both of the following statements are Constitutionally protected, only one is valid.

1. Water is wet.

2. We have 2,370 signatures, they can't nobody say it's race.

This is way to shallow a conversation for me.

*too

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Completely agree. It's humiliating that my children are educated in the same county that enables it.

Nice edit, that isn't what you originally said. Believe it or not the Constitution also allows you the "liberty" to move to a more enlightened, more educationally minded Community.

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
Nice edit, that isn't what you originally said. Believe it or not the Constitution also allows you the "liberty" to move to a more enlightened, more educationally minded Community.

Right - I edited to explain why it was humiliating, rather than just saying it was humiliating.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Understood. Racism has many forms.