• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Hmm..Now that I look up some articles, I think you may have me confused with Casey Nelson. Well, that's not me, and Casey Nelson has no relation to me or my family. My name is Nicole. I have purple hair, extremely liberal views and ideals, and I have certainly never made a petition in regards to the Confederate flag issue. I know, it's hard to believe that a flaming liberal such as myself would live up in the North end of the county, but here I am, I exist. I support things like gay marriage, separation of church and state, equality, increased scrutiny of police with measures such as badge cams, raising the minimum wage, addressing income inequality, etc. You know, all the hippy dippy liberal staples. I'm also an atheist, and registered as an independent. I'm also very likely voting for Bernie Sanders. I find the whole Confederate flag issue to be one great big boring distraction from more serious issues that could address gun violence in this country, like mental health and reasonable gun control measures. I get the feeling you have an entirely different image of me in your head, like I'm one of those weirdos driving around with Confederate flags mounted on the back of my gas-guzzling pick up truck. Well, I'm here to clarify...that's not me! =)

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I redacted the comment and apologized.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Just because a legal document is publicly available and is full of someones dirty laundry doesn't mean you have the right to air the laundry, especially as it relates to dirty divorces and the private lives of citizens.

Dunno if the divorce was "dirty" or amicable....all I know is that is happened. The details were not public records, thus outside of my purview. I know nothing else of "private lives" besides court documents speaking only of crimes the person has been accused of committing. I dunno what they look like, who they date, what their favorite color is, or anything like that. You said yourself that people give up a certain amount of privacy when they choose to break the law and get arrested. Boy, you really know how to keep dragging me in.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Would you like me to redact the word dirty also?

It won't change the fact it didn't belong here.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
I'd never ask someone to redact or censor themselves. I'd rather just let people read the thread and see your error for themselves, that you were making smarmy comments about myself and my father when it turns out you didn't even realize who I was. If we went by your logic anyway, your comments about the person who you thought was me who wasn't me in relation to the Confederate flag is also an off topic post that "does not belong here." But that's not the reason you "redacted" it.

I encourage you to contact the moderators and request any of my alleged 'off-topic' observations in regards to the federal mortgage fraud case be relocated to the local news section, if there is one, and if that will make you feel better, Misty. What can I say, we all get a little "off topic" sometimes, even you. While yes, it's true that I brought up something off topic in this thread because of a tangential connection I found while doing searches on the original thread topic, it is also true that you brought up what you thought were my views on the Confederate flag because you mistook me for someone else, and you figured it's as good as time as any to strike out at me on the flag thing, and my speech in this thread has you all hot and bothered.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I stand by my posts, I don't go back and 'redact' them just because I perceive someone as making me feel like an idiot.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'll leave it at this.

I don't really delve too deeply into the personal lives of strangers..

I don't feel stupid. I associated you (wrongly so) with Casey Nelson. I apologized. I'm over it.

Last edited:

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
She has not been vindicated of anything. New pleadings were ordered.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think it said dismissed with prejudice. Which means you cannot bring that suit back to that court. I guess they could appeal to a higher one.

And continue to show their utter stupidity over something that should never have been filed in the first place? I wonder if Walton County taxpayer's realize how much in attorney fees this frivolous lawsuit is costing them?

Last edited:

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
And continue to show their utter stupidity over something that should never have been filed in the first place? I wonder of Walton County taxpayer's realize how much in attorney fees this frivolous lawsuit is costing them?

Probably not, Andy A. I wouldn't want to omg, "violate someone's privacy" by posting more PDFs from PACER, but I will say, if any of you go create an account and log into PACER, you can look up the federal documents associated with this case and actually see where the attorneys have submitted affidavits showing how many hours they put in each month on the case since it began. One could conceivably look through those documents, add up all of the hours, figure out market value per hour for attorneys in the area that do this kind of work, and then plug in that number and calculate a very rough estimate of how much this has cost.

If anyone is curious about how PACER works...It's not free to access, but it is affordable. You tie it to a credit card, and it costs about 10 cents per page of each document you download. As long as you don't go over....15 bucks in like a 3 month period, I believe, fees get waived and it's free, and the timer resets every 3 months if I remember correctly. If you do go over the 15 bucks worth of documents, you have to pay, but the max you pay caps out at a lower cost. I don't remember how much that was, I just read about it when I signed up. I haven't pulled enough documents to hit my 15 dollar cap yet.