• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Yesterday some big brave white guys , under the cover of darkness, put up the rebel rag all around Martin Luther King's church, Ebenezer Baptist Church. They were caught on camera. Reckon they were doing that to honor their so called heritage.

I reckon no one in Walton County is responsible for that.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The process worked all while slavery and Jim Crow laws were in effect. It was just a flawed process that was obliterated by the legal system. Stay tuned.

TH US flag flew during slavery as well. Using that logic should we obliterate the US flag also?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
TH US flag flew during slavery as well. Using that logic should we obliterate the US flag also?

Nope because unlike all version of the Confederate flag, it isn't predominantly a symbol of bitter racist seditionist treasonous backward losers. It has a much broader very positive meaning whereas the Confederate flag, has universally accepted negative connotations except among backward subcultures desperate to cling to their insular little power base. It is the security blanket for all the thumbsucking Linuses that inhabit Walton County.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Nope because unlike all version of the Confederate flag, it isn't predominantly a symbol of bitter racist seditionist treasonous backward losers. It has a much broader very positive meaning whereas the Confederate flag, has universally accepted negative connotations except among backward subcultures desperate to cling to their insular little power base. It is the security blanket for all the thumbsucking Linuses that inhabit Walton County.

Wow, you are over the top. LOL!

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
The process did not work. They exchanged rebel flags. That was a cop out. Chicken. Embarrassing and not leadership at all.

My maternal great grandfather was a union soldier . He was captured and imprisoned in Andersonville. The conditions were horrid with a death rate of 25%. Andersonville is not far away and is well worth a visit. Or read Andersonville by Mackinaly Kantor . It won the Pulitzer in 1955.

My paternal great grandfather was a rebel. He was captured and imprisoned in Camp Chase in Columbus , Ohio . Conditions there were not great but there were rations and clean water. Other Northern prison camps were as horrid as Andersonville. Southern boys froze and the death rate was about the same as Andersonville. The Camp Chase prison is well worth a visit too.

Besides slavery another example of man's inhumanity to man.

So now Cindy Meadows tells us that this insistence to remove that symbol of slavery has been caused by outside agitators. Because for the dear Lord, residents of Walton County vehemently opposed to any confederate flag on public property must be too stupid , must not have a brain of their own, or opinions or knowledge without some "outside agitator" telling us what to think. How arrogant and condescending. Reminds me of the 60's. I have supported and voted for Ms Meadows but never again.

Others on here tell us to "give it time". Hoping I suppose that we will simply shut up and go away.

I will do neither until that racist rag is off government property in Walton County.

Reading the letters and journals by my great grandfathers it is clear how they felt about the war and slavery. It is clear that they would oppose any rebel rag on government property. Period.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
I reckon no one in Walton County is responsible for that.

Just goes to show ya that that rag is used for intimidation and is a slithery racist symbol.

Those good ole boys that set up the rebel rag around Ebineezer Baptist could easily have come from these parts . Don't know though .

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake

You went over the top, for sure, busting Linus, like that. You topped Pop, and you still rock.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Just goes to show ya that that rag is used for intimidation and is a slithery racist symbol.

Those good ole boys that set up the rebel rag around Ebineezer Baptist could easily have come from these parts . Don't know though .

You went over the top, too. There's no need for false innuendo. Leader and you both need to ratchet down.