• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Simple, there are good people in this county who believe in their Confederate Flag. They are misguided, but not hostile, to the extend you are trying to infer.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Simple, there are good people in this county who believe in their Confederate Flag. They are misguided, but not hostile, to the extend you are trying to infer.

I don't believe they are misguided about their own heritage and what they personally know about their ancestry but I totally agree with the rest of your post. And you said it in such a way it isn't full of hatred and bigotry.

Thank you for that.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
So Missy implies that pro raggers are vandalizing statutes and I offer proof of what was done at Ebeenezer Church and I need to "ratchet" down? The only thing that needs to come down is that rag on public property.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Cuff and Leader, you and your attitude are part of the problem, not part of the solution. If you cannot see that your speech is just as negative, bitter and ugly as you accuse the supporters of the flag to be, I do not know how you can be helped.
Jdarg and Teresa are just as strong as anyone about the flag. Jdarg this morning offered some possible avenues to solve this issue and I appreciate it. Teresa has reached out and tried to find common ground. I appreciate that as well.
Nothing is ever gained or no problem ever solved by intransigence and lashing out. All you succeed in doing is getting the other side riled up. There are good people and bad people on both sides of any issue. It never does anyone any good to question the intelligence or sincerity of those who oppose you on any particular issue.
As far as the commissioners, I will say it one more time that all 4 showed courage and sincerity Tuesday. I absolutely did not agree with Bill Chapman. But what he said and did took guts and I want leaders who will say what they think and demonstrate integrity. I will never agree with anyone on every issue but knowing someone acts with courage and integrity is desired no matter what the stance. Likewise what Cindy Meadows said took just as much political courage and integrity. Sara Commander and Bill Imfeld showed the same traits and are to be commended as well.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So Missy implies that pro raggers are vandalizing statutes and I offer proof of what was done at Ebeenezer Church and I need to "ratchet" down? The only thing that needs to come down is that rag on public property.

Can you not spell M I S T Y or are you intentionally being an a$$? Wait, don't even bother to answer, along with your bigotry, hatred and pious comments, I already know the answer. Welcome to IGNORE. You are the very first on my list! Good job!:D

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Cuff and Leader, you and your attitude are part of the problem, not part of the solution. If you cannot see that your speech is just as negative, bitter and ugly as you accuse the supporters of the flag to be, I do not know how you can be helped.
Jdarg and Teresa are just as strong as anyone about the flag. Jdarg this morning offered some possible avenues to solve this issue and I appreciate it. Teresa has reached out and tried to find common ground. I appreciate that as well.
Nothing is ever gained or no problem ever solved by intransigence and lashing out. All you succeed in doing is getting the other side riled up. There are good people and bad people on both sides of any issue. It never does anyone any good to question the intelligence or sincerity of those who oppose you on any particular issue.
As far as the commissioners, I will say it one more time that all 4 showed courage and sincerity Tuesday. I absolutely did not agree with Bill Chapman. But what he said and did took guts and I want leaders who will say what they think and demonstrate integrity. I will never agree with anyone on every issue but knowing someone acts with courage and integrity is desired no matter what the stance. Likewise what Cindy Meadows said took just as much political courage and integrity. Sara Commander and Bill Imfeld showed the same traits and are to be commended as well.

1213.jpg

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Thank you cuffy and leader of the offended, ya'll are doing a marvelous job keeping the base fired up and ready to fight for their heritage. Every time you post one of your intolerant , hateful, bigoted posts or call a flag that means a great deal to many people a "rag" you are really doing wonders for the cause. Keep up the good work!

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
If you are offended then perhaps you need to be offended. As long as that rag flies I will stand insulted and outraged. As long as it flies on government property I will be assaulted each time I see it. My taxes are paying for that rag. Off government property NOW. Stay tuned.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I want that cartoon as a bumper sticker.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
My close friends call me Cuffy, a term of endearment. I like you and I reckon you can too.
There is no middle ground in this matter.

Did Misssy or Linda turn coat, err, turn in?