• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Who called the NAACP Teresa? Who called the FBI to report hate crimes? Who has threatened to sue? People who were not born and raised here but who migrated here! By any other definition they are "outside forces" and they are trying to tell people with whom they disagree what something means to them because of what real people (like the KKK) who commit real hate crimes have done with it.

That absolutely is not who the people in Walton County, that are fighting to keep and preserve their heritage are about and the continued attacks on them by radicals who disagree with them are just as hateful, divisive and racist as those they accuse.

We are not outside forces. We are residents who love our community, pay taxes, work and contribute as much as anyone. There are many local people and business owners not happy about some of the language used to describe them at the meeting. More divisiveness.

I don't like the tactics you mention either. Absolutely unnecessary. There are tactics on both sides that are questionable, imo. This is part of the divisiveness. It's unfortunate but part of it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
We are not outside forces. We are residents who love our community, pay taxes, work and contribute as much as anyone. There are many local people and business owners not happy about the language used in an emotional statement by Meadows.

So then the question becomes whose love is greater? Again, put it to a vote and let the Community decide. Whether you like it or not Ms. Meadows spoke the truth as she sees and believes it. I happen to agree with her. There are outside forces and a political agenda at work here and when he announces his bid for seat in government, I'll say I told ya so!

I don't like the tactics you mention either. Absolutely unnecessary.
Then, you need sit back and watch my dear because it just got REAL!!
There are tactics on both sides that are questionable, imo.
Would you care to elaborate or just make unfounded allegations? If anyone from the "keep it" group living in Walton County has done anything untoward to the "remove it" group other than making unintelligent, stupid, hateful remarks on a facebook page, I'm unaware of it! However, those comments certainly DO NOT have the dire consequences or repercussions that the ones I mentioned do.

This is part of the divisiveness. It's unfortunate but part of it.
Unfortunate indeed!

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Misty, who called the FBI and why? Did something happen we should be concerned about?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty, who called the FBI and why? Did something happen we should be concerned about?

Not sure who called and that's the point. I don't know of anything that happened to warrant their involvement but I also don't know of anything that happened to warrant the NAACP or the filing of a lawsuit either.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. I do however know of an individual who invited all this negative attention on Walton County that has created the divisiveness.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I am not elaborating. I have seen more allegations, revision of history, name calling and hateful words than I ever care to get into. It's time to move on.

By both sides! Agreed.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Not sure who called and that's the point. I don't know of anything that happened to warrant their involvement but I also don't know of anything that happened to warrant the NAACP or filing a lawsuit either.

Then how do you know the FBI was contacted at all? This is serious, so you must know something . Or you are making it up to get people riled up.

The NAACP was involved in the previous attempts to remove the flag. Their involvement again is a no-brainer.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Don't move to Foley Al if the flag offends you.

Was there yesterday traveling back from Mobile and I have never seen as many Confederate flags on display in my life.

There was a store that had about 25 flags flying on display for sell.

Had a parking lot full of customers.

Every size 3x5, 5x7 and one of the largest I've ever seen.

What would you like to bet that many of those flags were purchased and being brought to Florida?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Then how do you know the FBI was contacted at all? This is serious, so you must know something . Or you are making it up to get people riled up.

The NAACP was involved in the previous attempts to remove the flag. Their involvement again is a no-brainer.

I don't "make things up" jdarg. And the goal of the "take it down" group was to get people riled by admission.

Mission accomplished.

Last edited: