• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Solar Steve

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2014
Great response!
Tourist/visitors have NO RESPECT for our BEACHES.
Cigarette butts in the sand, leaving trash on the beach, etc...
Chair vendors have no respect for locals!
Overcrowding, etc...
Good luck with the on going battle :)

Local yocal:banging:

Last edited:

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Great response!
Tourist/visitors have NO RESPECT for our BEACHES.
Cigarette butts in the sand, leaving trash on the beach, etc...
Chair vendors have no respect for locals!
Overcrowding, etc...
Good luck with the on going battle :)

Local yocal:banging:

I agree to a point.....but, signs and fences don't make for good neighbors. It eeks of the elitism prevalent in SOWAL. I'm a long-time local, and walk the beach often.....I'll make sure not to walk on the upland side of THE SIGN so as not to incur the wrath of the Mr. Friendly or the po po. :moon:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I am going to start copying and pasting stuff on this site so we will have it to reference instead of it being deleted. I encourage others to do the same.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I am going to start copying and pasting stuff on this site so we will have it to reference instead of it being deleted. I encourage others to do the same.
I hope there is a public forum with the county commissioners after season is over like last year.
We need to be Heard.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
No property owner owns the lake or the outflow. That is under state jurisdiction. There is also an easement leading straight from the walkway to the gulf

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Recently posted to SoWal Facebook page by Robert Raymond... Not sure why he posted it but there ya go (it's under posts by others where many locals, visitors and businesses post info)

"Me and my new neighbors sign. He has lots of them all over the beach..." Robert R.

11816187_10206851360940542_3844438786643760404_o.jpg

Easternlake lady

Beach Comber
Jun 17, 2013
Yes - these were the signs that were up this past weekend. What you don't see in that picture is the statement at the bottom telling people to "walk along the edge of the lake to get to the gulf" (not over their sand/property! - my words). One sign is immediately as you get out of the lake from the crossover. People stop, read the sign and most then walk all around the lake, hauling all of their chairs and kids, trying not to step on someone's precious unused sand! It is so up uninviting and snooty looking. I wish the county would just buy this property.

There were also smaller keep out signs just a few feet from the gulf - so close that Saturday morning the water was coming all the way up to the signs. Someone had taken these down Sunday morning.