• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We enjoyed the burgers and fries at Preachers. But something was missing from flavor and overall product. The fries were overdone that day but would definitely try again. Hand-cut fries are usually the best.

For expensive fast food I think I would prefer Pickles in Seaside.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
The Bay's classic Bay Burger is made with two 3 oz. patties of 80% lean chuck and a 20% blend of pork and beef fat to keep it light, as opposed to a dense, heavy burger. Keep it simple with lettuce, tomato and onion, or opt to make it a bacon cheeseburger.

Great to know the classic burger breakdown because that burger from The Bay has ruined us for all other burgers down here (and is partly to blame for the weight gain since we became locals). Everything about it is like a burger should be... grilled bun, flavorful beef, soft and melty American cheese and fresh toppings + real fries. I see "Best Burger" on lots of menus down here, but to me nobody earns it like The Bay - it's one of the best restaurant burgers we've had anywhere, not just SoWal.

And ditto the other comments re: the list - we've been perplexed by the frozen Seagrove fries - we dream of them using real fresh-cut potatoes someday to be on par with their delicious tea and seafood. Everything else is so good, only thing missing is real fries... well, and maybe the old George's cole slaw...

ddw8279

Beach Crab
Jul 7, 2013
The best burger in town is at the Highlands House in dune Allen. I've tried them all and that is the best of the best. Those listed are great too, but wait till you try it here

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The best burger in town is at the Highlands House in dune Allen. I've tried them all and that is the best of the best. Those listed are great too, but wait till you try it here

Thanks for mentioning Highlands House. Need to go check it out. Just haven't heard much about it in a while. Thanks for the tip..