• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Most of the confederate flags at confederate monuments were put up in the 60's as symbol of retaliation against the civil rights movement. I think that in itself speaks loudly of what the flag represented. Just my opinion, got no monkeys in this circus.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Just read that the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce will not be holding their annual meetings in Walton County because of the flag issue. They intend to honor their contract obligation with Sandestin this year and that is it. Considering the issue made national headlines this could possibly start a domino effect.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Considering the issue made national headlines this could possibly start a domino effect.

And all of this coming from people who profess to love their Community? Really?

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
For sure this is just the beginning. Companies can not risk a national boycott and terrible PR. Sometimes money talks and walks. One would have thought the commissioners loved our county . Guess not.

Daniel Wetherell

Beach Crab
Dec 3, 2014
Anybody who thinks that the Confederate flag is a symbol of injustice or hatred has no sense of history. 1st of all it was not slavery that started the war, it was the north strangling the southern states via control of commerce, secondly Lincoln and the Union never mentioned anti-slavery for the first 2 years of the Civil war, he used the abolitionist movement to build furor and fire up recruiting because the Confederacy was winning. And most importantly 99% of the poor southern soldiers that lost their lives never owned a slave, they were mostly farmers and young men who believed they were fighting for their freedom from a tyrannical centralized federal government. Please, don't take my word for it. Study the (non-revisionist) history for yourself. I don't care if the flag flies their or not, however I just despise people who hate without any true knowledge of history on either side.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
For sure this is just the beginning. Companies can not risk a national boycott and terrible PR. Sometimes money talks and walks. One would have thought the commissioners loved our county . Guess not.

Emotional blackmail is UGLY no matter who is doing it!

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I don't know how you get blackmail. It's just a simple case of negotiation. Happens every day in America.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I do not think it is the commissioners who lack a love for our county. I also think being sore and hurting people because you do not get your way shows a lack of maturity.