• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The comments here and on FB are mind boggling in 2015.

Not understanding that the world exists outside of Walton County and trying our hardest to push it back hurts everyone here.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
A good buddy of mine, who lives in Tallahassee, told me yesterday, Walton County was a hot topic of conversation up there, and not in a good way. I had assumed maybe there were some other counties that were acting as backwards as us, but apparently, we're number one.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
A good buddy of mine, who lives in Tallahassee, told me yesterday, Walton County was a hot topic of conversation up there, and not in a good way. I had assumed maybe there were some other counties that were acting as backwards as us, but apparently, we're number one.

I have heard that frequently as well.

South Walton looking at options.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
The tunnel vision throughout the whole Redneck Riviera never ceases to amaze me. There are people here who honestly think that the ideology of this little locale is representative of the country as a whole. What would it take for them to realize that nothing could be further from the truth? It's as if they forgot that there are 50 states or a South Florida for that matter. I knew people who were certain Obama was going to lose the Presidential election because they knew not one person who was voting for him.:blink:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The comments here and on FB are mind boggling in 2015.

What boggles my mind is that grown men and women think they have the right to tell people what they should think or believe! When those same individuals don't get their way they throw the biggest temper tantrum this County has seen in more than a decade and rather than take their toys and move on gracefully they invite more outsiders, the national media and all the negative attention they can possibly find to force people to come around to "their way of thinkin". That's not how it works in a free country jdarg!

You're right in one aspect though. The "keepers" don't understand all the media hype and attempts to rewrite what history, heritage, pride or what it means to them is about and they are pushing back. They DIDN'T INVITE the world to inspect their beliefs and they were not trying to hurt anyone. That was done by temper tantrum throwing individuals who didn't get their way and wanted people to be hurt at any cost to force their beliefs on others. The "keepers" only asked to be left alone to honor their ancestors, their history and heritage in the same way they have for more than half a century.

If you want people to respect your ideals and beliefs you have got to give a little respect to get any and this certainly wasn't the way to do it!! The fact that the flag remains just goes to show that when you back people into a corner, chances are they will come out fighting.

And you know what is really sad jdarg? The fact that Danny Glidewell, Justin Hammond, the BCC and so many others are willing to continue to try and work together for a peaceful resolution or compromise, while Uhlfelder and the rest of his group wants to stir up as much hate and discontent as possible. Unfortunately, they have accomplished that goal!

We should be so proud...NOT!!

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
We are not trying to change your beliefs, but when you insist on flying a symbol of your beliefs over government property, it certainly makes the whole country think our County Government supports your beliefs. And we are not proud of that.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We are not trying to change your beliefs, but when you insist on flying a symbol of your beliefs over government property, it certainly makes the whole country think our County Government supports your beliefs. And we are not proud of that.

Thank you.