• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Their words matter to me as well and I am sure other flag keepers. You do NOT have the moral high ground because you think you know a persons heart (racism is a very strong accusation). The point is when you start making generalizations about people you do not really know or understand be prepared for the backlash. Answer this one question: Why do you not do something about the lack of African Americans in Sowal? They hardly exist in Sowal. Suggestion: give future development to African American businesses. Another suggestion: require all rentals to have at least 25% minorities. Why not use your energy this way instead of putting all this BS on a little flag.

I don't think this issue has much do do with a desire for change in demographics, which by the way would probably benefit those in favor of incorporation. The issue is much more about whether we want our local government, the grounds of our judicial system no less, to represent an antiquated repugnant ideology or not. Nothing personal, but I think the shoe fits you perfectly.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Understand that statements of fact are interpreted by some as personal attacks.
The fact is you live in Sowal where hardly ANY African Americans even exist. This segregation in Sowal is something that you choose to accept rather than doing something about it. History happened in the past. You have opportunity to correct this social injustice right? African Americans deserve to have a piece of paradise don't they? Why not start a petition to market more African Americans to Sowal?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I don't think this issue has much do do with a desire for change in demographics, which by the way would probably benefit those in favor of incorporation. The issue is much more about whether we want our local government, the grounds of our judicial system no less, to represent an antiquated repugnant ideology or not. Nothing personal, but I think the shoe fits you perfectly.
Ahh, way to duck!

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
What have you done to abolish your notion of supremacy? What?
And you think there are few former relatives of slaves living here so why bother taking that vile thing off government property ? Really. A few months ago I met the great grand daughter of Claude Neal. Now that is heritage. I met this woman by serendipity. We took the time to really get to know her. Makes me sick to know she has to live in this world that waves that rag in her face.

That is what I have done . I took the time.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Not on government property.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Leader of the Banned, you got me. I am all for government to represent my "antiquated repugnant ideology". Do you even know what that is? My ideology is NOT wrapped around a flag but apparently your is. You are trying too hard to be an elitist. It is what you do...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
What have you done to abolish your notion of supremacy? What?
And you think there are few former relatives of slaves living here so why bother taking that vile thing off government property ? Really. A few months ago I met the great grand daughter of Claude Neal. Now that is heritage. I met this woman by serendipity. We took the time to really get to know her. Makes me sick to know she has to live in this world that waves that rag in her face.

That is what I have done . I took the time.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Not on government property.

I applaud you. Really. That is doing something.

In high school I was a mediator during desegregation. There were a lot of nastiness on both sides.
I attended a Black College and had a very good experience. The administrators knew my background very well.
I live in a Black Neighborhood. I have great neighbors!
My son and daughters have had black friends come home with them, eat with us in our home and swim in our pool (imagine that). I have pictures of Robert E. Lee and other Confederate Generals in my house. African Americans that know me also know that I am not racist because I have pictures of Confederate History in my home.

I support Walton County and their desire to fly the Confederate Flag because I do NOT see it as a symbol of racism.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Leader of the Banned, you got me. I am all for government to represent my "antiquated repugnant ideology". Do you even know what that is? My ideology is NOT wrapped around a flag but apparently your is. You are trying too hard to be an elitist. It is what you do...

Compliment accepted. Now take that repulsive flag, that represents your most deeply cherished values, off of government property.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
I applaud you. Really. That is doing something. In high school I was a mediator during desegregation. There were a lot of nastiness on both sides. I attended a Black College and had a very good experience. The administrators knew my background very well. I live in a Black Neighborhood. I have great neighbors! My son and daughters have had black friends come home with them, eat with us in our home and swim in our pool (imagine that). I have pictures of Robert E. Lee and other Confederate Generals in my house. African Americans that know me also know that I am not racist because I have pictures of Confederate History in my home. I support Walton County and their desire to fly the Confederate Flag because I do NOT see it as a symbol of racism.

I call that a very tall b... sh.. mountain!

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Compliment accepted. Now take that repulsive flag, that represents your most deeply cherished values, off of government property.

I am not "repulsed" by the Confederate Flag or the fact that Walton County decided to keep flying the flag. You are the one repulsed so shouldn't you be the one who takes it down? I am not really repulsed at you or anyone else even though you think you know what my "most deeply cherished values" are. You don't. I will give you a hint about my values, I do not think I am better than anyone else regardless of the race, gender, politics, education or religion and I prefer to find common ground with people I disagree with. I admit to being unfair sometimes at making a point. I always regret it later...